PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

2 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Imma need Disney to pad those numbers up if needed just so Beauty stays ahead of the other franchise WW.

Beauty and the Beast should finish at least $25 million ahead of F8 WW from the look of things. I don't think it will be down to the wire in the end since F8 is losing gas faster each week.

26 minutes ago, Finnick said:
BATB SAILING TOWARD FROZEN WW NUMBER SLOWLY!!! $1.232B

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $500,563,435    40.6%
Foreign:  $732,000,000    59.4%

Worldwide:  $1,232,563,435  

Doubt it passes Frozen but it looks like the recent numbers shows it'll stay ahead of F8 WW

On 25.05.2016 at 11:58 AM, thunder storm said:

I don't think people realize how big will be this movie. Definitely will beat Alice in Wonderland. 

early predictions: $420M DOM and $850M OS. $1.27B WW

this is gonna break many many records

well said, thunder! :lol:

On 5/21/2017 at 10:16 AM, MattW said:

Ly4xkN4.png

To me it looks like BatB will stay ahead especially with Pirates opening everywhere except Japan this week, and Japan is the major driver for BatB right now.

The difference in gains last sunday was bigger with actuals, 20.8 for fast and 14.5 for beast, but in the last 7 days the catching up has caught up, BatB made 10.6m while Fast8 made 9.5

• Like 1

Beauty And The Beast added $3.8m from 20 active territories for $732m. In Japan, Beauty And The Beast earned $3.4m for $86.8m in its sixth weekend, decreasing by 14% from last weekend.

The UK is the top grossing market on $89.9m, followed by Japan, then China on $85.8m, Brazil on $41.5m, and South Korea on $37.6m.

Source: Screen Daily

Now BATB is in the top 10 WW!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Maybe 8-10M USA

and 15M OS

1,263B WW

I actually don't think it has that much left domestic. It is coming off a $1.5 million weekend and Blu-ray/DVD drops June 6th. I'm thinking an extra $3-4 million at most. OS, $15-20 million sounds about right depending on Japan's late legs.

12 minutes ago, bladels said:

So Belle needs $40M more from Japan to beat Elsa & Anna.

I don't think she can get there. So close tho, so close.

Either way, we'll have two Disney musicals side by side on the Top 10 worldwide grosses list. Very impressive for a genre that was thought to be going out of date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Is it making any money outside Japan and Domestic at this point.

It only made $400,000 this weekend internationally without Japan. I'm guessing the UK is responsible for a large portion of that. BatB has now outpaced F8 both domestic and international weekend (based on estimates), with the gap in the latter continuing to grow. 

• Like 3

It should finish around $110 million in Japan. With same exchange rates as Alice in Wonderland, it would have made $140 million in Japan. Looks like the final WW total will be around $1.265 billion (OS total $760 million).

• Like 2