PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

Just now, MattW said:

What do you know, it drops big this week making my previous statement look silly.

May 14: 713.3 (+15.2)

Honestly it's so strange that it would increase the week of May 7th and then drop over 57% this past week I wonder if Disney is doing some fudging pushing money over to GotG or something.  Not sure but it wouldn't surprise me.

Golden Week in Japan accounted for that increase. Many days doubled or even tripled the previous week. It's normal for the week after to drop as much as 80-90% during the weekdays.

• Like 1

I don't think it has $10 million in remaining OS territories outside Japan. I think it added less than $2 million internationally outside Japan this weekend. With the super early Blu-ray release in NA, I'm also doubtful that it can earn another $15 million domestically. I see it finishing a few million over $500 million. If it's going to beat Frozen, it's probably going to need late legs to be amazing in Japan. 

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 6:51 PM, Olive said:

Japan will add another 40M-50m

Beating Frozen is still possible.

So Fate of the Furious is unlikely to top BatB for second place this year (I am assuming that The Last Jedi will have no problem clearing $1.3B)?

9 minutes ago, kswiston said:

So Fate of the Furious is unlikely to top BatB for second place this year (I am assuming that The Last Jedi will have no problem clearing $1.3B)?

Indeed, F8 passing BatB is impossible at this point. Domestically, they are both down to their final $10 million or so (their dailies are getting closer and closer because of F8's harsher drops). OS, BatB has more left in the tank because of Japan. F8 has probably less than $20 million left OS, while BatB should make another $40 million OS at least.

The Last Jedi should easily claim #1 this year. I can't see a domestic gross under $650 million or an OS gross under $750 million (and these are extremely conservative benchmarks). I'm predicting at least $1.5 billion for it, around a 25% drop from TFA.

• Like 2

Amazing... this is Disney's second consecutive year of success after success. With Pirates 5, Thor 2, SW8 and 2 Pixar films, the sky is the limit. Uni, Fox and WB each have their slate of high-profile films and could-be-hits but I think we can call Disney the winner already.

53 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Amazing... this is Disney's second consecutive year of success after success. With Pirates 5, Thor 2, SW8 and 2 Pixar films, the sky is the limit. Uni, Fox and WB each have their slate of high-profile films and could-be-hits but I think we can call Disney the winner already.

With Han solo and Infinity war I in 2018 and Star Wars Ep. 9 and Infinity war II in 2019 plus pixar, wdas and other marvel movies its gonna win the next 2 years easily too. The Mouse is too strong right now.

• Like 1

I don't think it can catch Frozen but tremendous run anyway. Will cross 500M dom on memorial weekend. 

F8 is only 10M away from BatB's WW. It's closing the gap so I'm not sure why you guys think BatB will edge it out. 

Edited by Valonqar

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't think it can catch Frozen but tremendous run anyway. Will cross 500M dom on memorial weekend. 

F8 is only 10M away from BatB's WW. It's closing the gap so I'm not sure why you guys think BatB will edge it out. 

Japan is a very leggy market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Domestically, BatB and F8 have practically the same amount left. Less than $8 million. OS, F8 is down to its final $15 million or so. BatB will also add another $20 million at least OS.

Edited by KP1025

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ly4xkN4.png

To me it looks like BatB will stay ahead especially with Pirates opening everywhere except Japan this week, and Japan is the major driver for BatB right now.

• Like 2