PanaMovie

Beauty and the Beast OS Thread - 759.4M OS - 1.263B WW! - 10th Highest grossing Movie of all-time

1 hour ago, peludo said:

You can expect big numbers from Spain too. Beauty & the Beast is the second biggest Disney classic ever here (4.927m admissions), just behind The Lion King (6.3m), and the 4th animated ever, behind Shrek 2 (6.08m) and Finding Nemo (4.989m, basically tied with BatB).

That's good to read :):D

37 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The fact is that the audience is not restricted to those who have watched the old animation. Every one knows the tale. It is a classic.

I am sure it will do HUGE numbers everywhere.

The only country that could disappoint is China, they have their own, particularly tastes.......They disappointed me so many times when it comes to box office....

28 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The only country that could disappoint is China, they have their own, particularly tastes.......They disappointed me so many times when it comes to box office....

They did give Zootopia 234M last year, I'm sure you are happy with that one.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't think that this is going to be a major success in China. I don't think the original movie is that well-known in China, so the big hook doesn't work in this market.

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I won't  bring TJB as an example because that was a phenomenom in its own right buuuut Cinderella did 71M in China and that didn't had an actress front and centre that Chineese audiences are familiar with.I think a 100+M run is very possible especiall if the film gets good reviews.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think that this is going to be a major success in China. I don't think the original movie is that well-known in China, so the big hook doesn't work in this market.

True, nostalgia won't work here. Still I don't see it failing either.....

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I won't  bring TJB as an example because that was a phenomenom in its own right buuuut Cinderella did 71M in China and that didn't had an actress front and centre that Chineese audiences are familiar with.I think a 100+M run is very possible especiall if the film gets good reviews.

At least $100m would satisfy me, I don't ask for too much, given the size of the Chinese market I see any movie under $100m as a failure now. $100m and we're good to go :)

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

True, nostalgia won't work here. Still I don't see it failing either.....

At least $100m would satisfy me, I don't ask for too much, given the size of the Chinese market I see any movie under $100m as a failure now. $100m and we're good to go :)

100M is good for me too.Something tells me that US+Canada and European numbers will more than make up for whatever run the film will have in China.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

100M is good for me too.Something tells me that US+Canada and European numbers will more than make up for whatever run the film will have in China.

Don't forget Latin America, it's pretty much a helpful market for many movies, The Avengers grossed more than $200m there for example, and I'm sure BATB will get at least $100m+ from there.

On 2017/2/22 at 7:45 AM, Fullbuster said:

Chinese people don't like songs? :jeb!:

It's a remake of fairytale after all.songs will be fine.BatB's presale is slightly ahead of Doctor Strange.DS didn't have any large imax release In three weeks last year.Kong will hit a week after BatB.

So BatB might be around $100M in China.

Hollywood films are doing very well this year,even A Dog's purpose might hit $80M,$100M is not very difficult

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1