kayumanggi

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES | 622.3 M overseas ● 794.9 M worldwide

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Can Pirates 5 end up below GV2 WW?

Of course.But why not wait for some actual numbers.

for instance, i heard last week Korea was looking bad, but now I hear it is opening decent 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, John Marston said:

from what I read most predictions expect it to go over what he said and the weather might dampen it. Let us wait and see

True weather plays a big part. If sunny things go way down. Mark is generally on the mark unless he goes fanboy mode(Trek/SW/LOTR movies).

51 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

To think that some people were thinking this could win the year overseas. ..

Those are some bad numbers. Franchiae fatigue is happening. 

If they decide to do another one, it would have to be the last one.

We have opening day numbers from just two countries....

One of which isn't bad 

Edited by John Marston

Just now, John Marston said:

We have numbers from just two countries....

I think the indications are there that this will drop hard from the last one 

I am not sure how profitable can a movie with a production budget of $230m can be after ending with $700m, the $150-200 of those from DOM

Who was predicting this to beat Fate. Does not seem logical at all. It had and has 0% of winning OS this year.

Day 2 in korea  161194 admissions ( it should go up couple of thousand). That is not a bad hold. I hope we get some comparison from previous movies. Looks like 1.2m admissions over 5 day weekend.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I think the indications are there that this will drop hard from the last one 

I am not sure how profitable can a movie with a production budget of $230m can be after ending with $700m, the $150-200 of those from DOM

Sure but like like I said. We only have Korea and Italy opening days. Korea opening is good 

China previews estimate - 15m yuan. That is the other number. Below Civil War previews( i think 20.6m). Its OD PS is well below Civil War as well( around 45m for Pirates vs 62 for Civil War). With 7 local movies opening on saturday, I am wondering about its overall potential. We will get an inkling after seeing WOM tomorrow. But inflated projections we had earlier( 200m+) is 100% not happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

France as well. Slightly below previous movie. We shoudl get quite a few numbers by evening time. Russia OD, Australia etc should come in.

France was just one theater still right? Looking forward to seeing the whole opening day 

Cine-directors.net: (25/05) France : Rodin = 200 000 entrées environ d'après son 1er jour France ; La vengeance de Salazar réaliserait le 2ème démarrage annuel !

Ok, so it had the second best start day of the year but is that good? Which movie was #1 and #2 and with how many admissions?
Edit: Looking at BOM ->France -> Weekends that could (???) mean behind the opening day of Fast 8 and in front of GotG2 and BatB. Since I don't think Rodin is the best of the year, PotC5 must have had at least more than 200k.

If Mark_Gs prediction is right, it would indeed be terrible. Of course he already priced in the so far warmest weekend weather we had/will have (the movie is slightly cursed). The first reports from today don't look bad but we have to wait till tomorrow for real numbers.

@Quigley
I have no idea. I'm glad if I can translate a few sentences and don't know where to look ;). I only could find the totals for France: P1 - 3.89M; P2 - 6.66M; P3 - 5.76M; P4 - 4.76M.

Edited by el sid

35 minutes ago, el sid said:

Cine-directors.net: (25/05) France : Rodin = 200 000 entrées environ d'après son 1er jour France ; La vengeance de Salazar réaliserait le 2ème démarrage annuel !

Ok, so it had the second best start day of the year but is that good? Which movie was #1 and #2 and with how many admissions?

What about OD of previous Pirates films?

15 minutes ago, Quigley said:

What about OD of previous Pirates films?

OD/7-days OW

potc 218 186 / 1 181 000

potc2 693 303 / 2 708 000

POTC3 426 256 / 2 709 000 

potc4 321 178 / 1 694 000

BATB 268 578 / 1 282 000

• Like 1