kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

IM3 released post avengers mania(on May Day) and broke out. But had atrocious legs(< 6x OD). As bruchav said, I doubt it would have done the same in 2017. We will know based on Spidey's performance this year. But even Civil War with Avengers cast did not do $200 in today's ER. 

Good point. I wonder if the title of the movie mattered, or if superhero fatigue is setting in. It will be interesting to see if Infinity War increases or decreases in China from Age of Ultron.

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

Good point. I wonder if the title of the movie mattered, or if superhero fatigue is setting in. It will be interesting to see if Infinity War increases or decreases in China from Age of Ultron.

We will know if civil war dropped bcos of title or SH fatigue. 

30 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Nice quote, but not yet. Wondy is the highest grossing live action female directed film. Even setting aside Frozen as a co-direction, Kung Fu Panda 2 was Jennifer Yuh Nelson and it made $665M worldwide.

27 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

Nice quote, but not yet. Wondy is the highest grossing live action female directed film. Even setting aside Frozen as a co-direction, Kung Fu Panda 2 was Jennifer Yuh Nelson and it made $665M worldwide.

After this week-end WW would gather 650+ mln. So Wondy rich 665 by next Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Can WW make $400M OS ?

WW made about 20m this week OS down 50%. It's run in China is almost over. So from the remaining markets I expect about 20-25m more plus maybe 10 from japan+spain. So no 400m OS is unlikely. 

In order to make 800 million worldwide, it needs to make at least 400 million domestic and 400 million overseas.

Overseas won't be happening, so it'll have to perform like crazy to get 400 million domestic. Still, great and intense number worldwide.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

In order to make 800 million worldwide, it needs to make at least 400 million domestic and 400 million overseas.

Overseas won't be happing, so it'll have to perform like crazy to get 400 million domestic. Still, great and intense number worldwide.

Yeah, I remember there were people here who thought that even 600m WW was not guaranteed (I'm not talking about you, I know you're not hater), but some people here who think themselves are experts because they have more than 2,000 Posts, Lol.

To be honest, even I thought $ 700m was pretty unlikely, but I figured I could get $ 650m WW, good thing I was wrong, and those legs were fantastic.

That said, I think $800m+ worldwide will be an easy bet for sequel , if exchange rates improve until 2019, 2020 (I think the sequel will be between those years), maybe even $900m Worldwide will be possible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

No matter how brilliant, everyone screws up predictions sometimes. I wouldn't hold it against anyone.

It is taking me a great amount of self control to not link the thing here.

• Like 1