kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

49 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

So, WB've been making attempt with using HelloKitty in advertising. May be, it can help, but I doubt it.

Hope it would. DC's record in Japan is still being held by Batman (1989) with 3B yen, hopefully WW breaks that record, pretty unlikely though. It is currently the number four most liked movie on eiga.com, above animated movies, DM3 and Cars 3, as well as Transformers 5. I think it can do $20M in the market, above TDK in local currency, but below Batman and Superman II. Hopefully. Lol.

Edited by KathNiel

Just now, KathNiel said:

It is currently the number four most liked movie on eiga.com, above animated movies, DM3 and Cars 3, as well as Transformers 5. I think it can do $20M in the market. 

Yeah, but Do you have any comparisons with this rating and box office? Cause, as you know, high place in "most anticipated" rarely equals box-office result.

1 minute ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Yeah, but Do you have any comparisons with this rating and box office? Cause, as you know, high place in "most anticipated" rarely equals box-office result.

I don't. Hopefully Corpse of WoKJ can do that, I think he just started posting that kind of data. Maybe after this Summer.

7 hours ago, bruchav said:

Yeah, I remember there were people here who thought that even 600m WW was not guaranteed (I'm not talking about you, I know you're not hater), but some people here who think themselves are experts because they have more than 2,000 Posts, Lol.

To be honest, even I thought $ 700m was pretty unlikely, but I figured I could get $ 650m WW, good thing I was wrong, and those legs were fantastic.

That said, I think $800m+ worldwide will be an easy bet for sequel , if exchange rates improve until 2019, 2020 (I think the sequel will be between those years), maybe even $900m Worldwide will be possible.

I think 800 million won't happen just because overseas grosses and huge competition. I think a sequel might make much more than 800 million, given how well reviewed was WW.

Other than that, I agree with ya. :)

June 4: 125

June 11: 232.2 (+107.2)

June 18: 298.4 (+66.2; -38.25%)

June 25: 335.8 (+37.4; -43.50%)

Could easily do 21, 11, 6, 3, 2, 1 from here which would put it right at 380.  20m from Japan doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

20 hours ago, bruchav said:

Yeah, I remember there were people here who thought that even 600m WW was not guaranteed (I'm not talking about you, I know you're not hater), but some people here who think themselves are experts because they have more than 2,000 Posts, Lol.

To be honest, even I thought $ 700m was pretty unlikely, but I figured I could get $ 650m WW, good thing I was wrong, and those legs were fantastic.

That said, I think $800m+ worldwide will be an easy bet for sequel , if exchange rates improve until 2019, 2020 (I think the sequel will be between those years), maybe even $900m Worldwide will be possible.

Poor @Nova, but I don't think he can be considered a 'hater', he just didn't enjoy the movie as much as we did. He's actually one of the most intelligent and coherent persons around here, I'm pretty sure that he was wrong on his projection not because he wanted the movie to fail, but because he doesn't know the OS market well enough.

On 6/27/2017 at 9:19 AM, MattW said:

June 4: 125

June 11: 232.2 (+107.2)

June 18: 298.4 (+66.2; -38.25%)

June 25: 335.8 (+37.4; -43.50%)

Could easily do 21, 11, 6, 3, 2, 1 from here which would put it right at 380.  20m from Japan doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Putting it like this makes it look achievable. $21M for this week seems to be a done deal. It added $7.8M from Mon and Tuesday per Gitesh.

OS - $343.6M

WW - $668.7M

It just passed Man of Steel's WW gross. Yay!