kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN | 409.2 M overseas ● 821.8 M worldwide

14 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

Just came back from my sold out screening (one of many today).

Damn it's so good on so many levels.

Patty Jenkins is insanely good, her action choreography basically outsnydering Snyder.

Really need to see this again.

lol Snyder made action scenes for WW. 

I am starting to doubt 400m OS for this, but I hope it gets there. China doesn't seem to be breaking out and from what I see the case is the same for Easter Europe (here for example the presales are quite mediocre... even though a lot of that has to do with opening after POTC5 which sucked all the air from the market; it seems to be the same for Russia). I am hoping for strong Western Europe and LA support. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James said:

I am starting to doubt 400m OS for this, but I hope it gets there. China doesn't seem to be breaking out and from what I see the case is the same for Easter Europe (here for example the presales are quite mediocre... even though a lot of that has to do with opening after POTC5 which sucked all the air from the market; it seems to be the same for Russia). I am hoping for strong Western Europe and LA support. 

Maybe Wonder Woman is going to have legs in many markets although the competition is fierce

But seriously hoping for 400M+ OS 

6 hours ago, James said:

I agree with this based on what I've seen so far from the markets it has opened in. Having said that I'm waiting to see how it does in Australia because if it explodes there, I have a feeling it'll do the same in Western Europe. I think in LA it'll put up huge numbers though. 

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

First box office is in. Good starts in the 4 countries it is out in, much better than expected for sure.

good openings but remember holidays I think boosted the opening day in those countries so even if the opening day is ahead it could fall behind

In Taiwan, WW more than doubled the No. 2 film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and scored the 3rd biggest WB opening of all time. The first female-led superhero tentpole also topped the opening day results for Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice — the film in which Gadot made her debut as Wonder Woman last year — Doctor Strange, Suicide Squad, Thor, Man Of Steel, Ant-Man, Captain America: The First Avenger and both Guardians Of The Galaxy movies. The two-day cume is $1.8M

In Hong Kong, WW is the 4th biggest WB start ever, and beat the first day of such Marvel and DC pics as Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Man Of Steel, Logan, Thor, First Avenger and GOTG1 & 2. The two-day there is $829K.

Korea also opened on a non-traditional day, in this case Wednesday, with $1.2M on 800 screens. It topped local opener Warriors Of The Dawn and surpassed the first day launches of Doctor Strange, Thor, First Avenger and the GOTG pics.

source

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Based on numbers from the Russia thread, WW is looking to make half of what BvS made. $7-8M. 

Russia is by far the worst big market for DC movies, Man of Steel made $10.4m total in Russia with much better exchange rate, Suicide Squad is isolated DC big success in Russia.

23 minutes ago, a2knet said:

source

Great start in Asia, I thought that Asia was the market in which Wonder Woman would have more difficulty to beat Man of steel. But it looks like it will make the same success or it will beat Man of Steel here.

When we finish this weekend we can compare with Man of Steel to see how much Wonder Woman can do abroad.

Man of steel made $377m OS.