Jandrew

All Eyez On Me - Tupac Biopic - June 16 2017 | Lionsgate

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

How did they manage to make Straight Outta Compton a good film but can't get Biggie and 2pac's films right. 

Straight Outta Compton managed to transcend the standard biopic trappings while at the same time its themes are very much relevant today. All Eyez on Me just looks cheap and made-for-TV-ish, like you would be better off seeking out a documentary.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Straight Outta Compton managed to transcend the standard biopic trappings while at the same time its themes are very much relevant today. All Eyez on Me just looks cheap and made-for-TV-ish, like you would be better off seeking out a documentary.

That's a shame because Tupac's life and beliefs are very relevant to today. 

• Like 1

Yea reviews are crap, this is gonna die after tomorrow. But also every station in the area has been playing Tupac all day and advertising the movie with ticket giveaways and parties for tonight. It's everywhere. I can only imagine what it's like in LA or the Bay Area. So I still think this is huge tonight and tomorrow but it dies after that. I can see a weekend that goes like 16/8/5. Still, this is gonna have a big ass OD. It's sold out tonight (minus front row) in the two biggest auditoriums at my theater. 

• Like 6

I know the TC is low but I just did some tracking of reserved seats and number of showings in South Florida, DC, and Atlanta, and I'll be damned if I don't think this is doing five mill or more tonight. Don't be stunned when it does. And subsequently don't be disappointed when it drops yugeeee from projections we make in the morning.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I know the TC is low but I just did some tracking of reserved seats and number of showings in South Florida, DC, and Atlanta, and I'll be damned if I don't think this is doing five mill or more tonight. Don't be stunned when it does. And subsequently don't be disappointed when it drops yugeeee from projections we make in the morning.

It's been selling extremely well at the reserved seating theaters around me for tonight too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea reviews are crap, this is gonna die after tomorrow. But also every station in the area has been playing Tupac all day and advertising the movie with ticket giveaways and parties for tonight. It's everywhere. I can only imagine what it's like in LA or the Bay Area. So I still think this is huge tonight and tomorrow but it dies after that. I can see a weekend that goes like 16/8/5. Still, this is gonna have a big ass OD. It's sold out tonight (minus front row) in the two biggest auditoriums at my theater. 

yeah same I've heard California love so many freaking times this past week lol. 

57 minutes ago, ban1o said:

How did they manage to make Straight Outta Compton a good film but can't get Biggie and 2pac's films right. 

I think that a combination of delving into some very actual themes instead of just talking about themes that were timely in the era of the person who's the central focus but not now, as well as a general feel of it being a coming together of so many big music personalities (almost kinda like The Avengers of rap), gave it a much more fresh feel than you usually see in biopics.

Also, Compton was pretty much treated as a Summer blockbuster. Apparently Universal promoted the ever loving crap out of it, and there were Straight Outta ______ signs everywhere in the internet and in the US at the time.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

We all know the story of rapper Tupac Shakur. He was one of the biggest hip-hop artists of the 90s. It was weird that for so long, nobody has ever attempted to do a biopic about him. Honestly, how could you pull off a Tupac biopic if you didn’t have somebody whose face was similar like Tupac’s? He was one of those rappers with a distinct face. Believe it or not, a perfect guy named Demetrius Shipp Jr. whose face eerily looks like Tupac was found. Now he has an entire movie all to himself and wow did they FUCK that up. Happy Birthday, Tupac. Sorry you have a shitty movie in your name

I can just imagine how this movie got into production. I can imagine the situation where a studio producer went to a meeting and said, 

“Hey, we got a guy who looks like Tupac.”

And then the studio head would go, “Can he act?”

“No.”

“Do you have a script?”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“No no no we have a script. I mean we printed out Tupac’s Wikipedia page, so that’s something.”

“Fine. Here's $45 million. Go have fun.”

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//all-eyez-on-me-review

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

We all know the story of rapper Tupac Shakur. He was one of the biggest hip-hop artists of the 90s. It was weird that for so long, nobody has ever attempted to do a biopic about him. Honestly, how could you pull off a Tupac biopic if you didn’t have somebody whose face was similar like Tupac’s? He was one of those rappers with a distinct face. Believe it or not, a perfect guy named Demetrius Shipp Jr. whose face eerily looks like Tupac was found. Now he has an entire movie all to himself and wow did they FUCK that up. Happy Birthday, Tupac. Sorry you have a shitty movie in your name

I can just imagine how this movie got into production. I can imagine the situation where a studio producer went to a meeting and said, 

“Hey, we got a guy who looks like Tupac.”

And then the studio head would go, “Can he act?”

“No.”

“Do you have a script?”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“No no no we have a script. I mean we printed out Tupac’s Wikipedia page, so that’s something.”

“Fine. Here's $45 million. Go have fun.”

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//all-eyez-on-me-review

Oh so his bad acting in the clip I watched told the whole story? Good to know.

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

lol jada pinkett smith just trashed this film on twitter lol 

No she didn't. She just said that certain things in regards to her and Tupac's relationship didn't happen the way that theyre portrayed in the film. Thats not trashing a movie. Thats setting the record straight. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

No she didn't. She just said that certain things in regards to her and Tupac's relationship didn't happen the way that theyre portrayed in the film. Thats not trashing a movie. Thats setting the record straight. 

Will Smith should have produced this. Probably would have been better I feel. Still seeing it today though 

33 minutes ago, Nova said:

She said the actors did the best they could have done with what they were given

Jada's trying to tell us that they were given garbage. 

• Like 1