baumer

2nd Glorious bet thread....Dory will not cross 475....That's just a tattoo I had removed....don't tell me...don't tell me....Finding Dory (fits of drunken laughter).

Ok, so me and @Telemachos lost the first bet thread....Civil War under 400.

Here is our chance to make it up.  We are both willing to put our $100 each up against anyone here who thinks Dory will make at least 475 million dollars.  That gives it just over a 3.5X. 

Rules....anyone taking our bet must commit to pay the site as a donation, $10.00.  If you win, and it goes past 475, the site gets $200.00 from me and @Free State of Tele.....if it misses 475, all of you who lost owe the site $10.00 through a donation.

It's a win win for the site.....

So who's in?  

This opportunity will close as of Monday night (27th of June).

Who's feeling squirrelly?

• Like 4

TS3 made 26.6x its first monday.

if you apply that to Dory you get a 518M dom gross. And TS3 had a flat first tuesday, Dory's tuesday is wild (even with discount tuesday).

There is no way you and Tele will get away with this.

Edited by RascarCapat
  • Like 5

For good of the site, I'll bet again. First one became a little hairy with weak legs by CW but successful none the less. FD has shown tremendous holds so far so I'm confident it makes it to 475M+ so I'm in!!!

• Like 3

I've been crunching some numbers based on previous Pixar movies. Every last one of them has taken at least 7.5 days to reach half its final gross, most have taken over 8.5, and a few have taken much longer. That, combined with conservative predictions for Dory's next few days, gives a floor of $450M. $500M is quite likely.

I'll take the bet.

• Like 3

Yeah I was thinking about joining, I just don't like to actually bet my money, even for a worthy cause (in that case I'd prefer just to donate).

I also think 475 is a done deal at this point, unless Dory gets a sudden surge of hate and falls off a cliff.

• Like 1

Yep, it's funny when I got home my daughter was watching TS3 (she is still right now) and one of the first thing I did when I saw FD wednesday number was to check TS3's run on BOM. When I realized I was watching the numbers of the movie that ran in my back I laughed a little inside.

Anyway, TS3 had a monday to wednesday drop of 13,7%.

FD has a monday to wednesday drop of 8,6%.

From bigger numbers with bigger everything including an inflated tuesday with discount tuesday...

Ok maybe legs will drop. But I really think we're in for an epic run that could have TS3 multiplier and finish a little over 500M