+60 - existing OS market (about 50% WoW

+10 - Spain (last one did 9 million)

+30 - Japan (last one did 30)

+55 - Dom

+100-125 - China (last one did 95)

TOTAL - 825-850

Unless it underperforms in China it is not going to miss 800

Agree, that seems legit. 

Am surprised it's gonna fall under GOTG2. Was not following the numbers but after Spidey's OW the vibe on the forum was O/U 900 if am not wrong.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Agree, that seems legit. 

Am surprised it's gonna fall under GOTG2. Was not following the numbers but after Spidey's OW the vibe on the forum was O/U 900 if am not wrong.

Yeah there was a O/U SM3 890m thread. If you look at very early predictions on this forum and other forums most were in the 800-900 region. But then the reviews came in and it opened to phenomenal numbers in SK so that skewed people's perception and people started to overestimate as usual. People also did not forsee how frontloaded this would be both domestically and OS. 

I had it about 850m for a long time and it will finish around that number so I am happy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scabab said:

So it's gonna finish in the range of the original Spider-man trilogy then.

It has a good chance to finish 2nd WW in gross on the 2nd smallest budget..

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

780-800M is The range  now for me. What is your problem?

I dont have a problem. It just does'ent make sense to write 780 mill if you know anything about BO

Im not trying to pick a fight but if you look at the performence in other countries and understand Chinese BO you would see that 815-820 mill is the floor now and 850 could also happen with late summer legs

But feel free to mock me if it shows that im dead wrong

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

So there's a chance it's gonna be less than $100 million more than the last reboot, even with Iron Man. That's not good.

Nope.

In any case with the same exchange rates of AMS2 it'd be past $900m with ease...but I know you don't care

Edited by XO21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, XO21 said:

Nope.

In any case with the same exchange rates of AMS2 it'd be past $900m with ease...but I know you don't care

Ignore him. He is a known MCU hater. Same post as him about any DC movie and he will be seething. He's just pissed Thor beat JL a second time 😜

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

So there's a chance it's gonna be less than $100 million more than the last reboot, even with Iron Man. That's not good.

825-840 mill on a 175 mill budget is never good. Never ever ever.. Bad bad bad...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, fmpro said:

Não tenho problema. Simplesmente não faz sentido escrever 780 milhas se você souber algo sobre BO

Não estou tentando pegar uma briga, mas se você olhar para a performance em outros países e entender o BO chinês, você veria que o moinho 815-820 é o chão agora e 850 também pode acontecer com as pernas do final do verão

Mas sinta-se livre para zombar de mim se isso mostra que estou errado

Even $ 900m is not impossible if China surprises us.

3 hours ago, KJsooner said:

[mod edit]

Dont know the man so i have no opinion about him. Good or bad.. im sure he's a nice dude

But some of the predictions i have seen screams that he needs to go to BO High School

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fmpro said:

825-840 mill on a 175 mill budget is never good. Never ever ever.. Bad bad bad...

Not to mention that ASM3 would have been 150 dom + 425 OS = 575 ww proposition...with another 200+ prod budget....and no future for the franchise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

Not to mention that ASM3 would have been 150 dom + 425 OS = 575 ww proposition...with another 200+ prod budget....and no future for the franchise.

No doubt. That was written in stone. Homecoming is a huge succes

• Like 4