CaptainJackSparrow

War of the Planet of The Apes | July 14,2017

Wow. Those are really enormous figures. I love previous films, but I would be fine with the 500 million of Dawn of... In 2014 the ER were better and China seems to not be growing as it used to. I wish it can make 600-700 or even 800 as you are saying, but for the moment I do not see it. 500-525 is my range.

• Like 1

Many big markets of the last 2 apes films are missing because the film started not yet. Australia, France, South Korea, Brazil, China, Mexico (?), Japan, Germany...

The UK numbers would be interesting, in comparison with "Dawn"

Edited by Bernie86

Internationally, the film brought in an estimated $46 million from 61 markets. Among the openings, the UK lead the way with an estimated $9.5 million debut followed by Russia ($5m) and Spain ($3.4m). By comparison, Dawn debuted with $14.8 million in the UK, $9.8 million in Russia and $4.6 million in Spain as Apes fever seems to be down across the globe.

So WW 600 is gone, that's really disappointed, after this great reviews, this movie deserves better numbers.

Edited by Bernie86

50 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

500 million worlwide should be the magic number for this movie. 

Yes 490 to 530m should be expected, 21% lost in exchange rate, 10-15% lost from regular franchise fatigue would lead to around those number. A bit similar to Apocalypse from Days of future past, that show how extraordinary Guardian of the Galaxy 2 run was, to achieve to make more than the first, with the same exchange rate and a bit better in China I would imagine it would have flirted with the billion.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3