Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Alli

The Mummy UNDER 100M club!

Alli    952

So i just watched the new trailer. THe Mummy's backstory seems a little cheesy, but not that bad of a trailer  if a little generic. I don't think the story will be very interesting.

The Club STANDS!!!

Alli    952

The second trailer is piling up the dislikes even worse than the first one. I don't think people are here for this reboot.

who else wanna join? @franfar i predict you will be back in the club in the next few weeks ;)

franfar    16,253
3 minutes ago, Alli said:

The second trailer is piling up the dislikes even worse than the first one. I don't think people are here for this reboot.

who else wanna join? @franfar i predict you will be back in the club in the next few weeks ;)

Nah I'll still be OUT. It'll surpass 100m 

I guess 120-135m

75live    9,471

i'll say out. I'm not sold on the film at all, but I think it can hit $100 at least

• Like 1

Alli    952

They are releasing too much footage. they are getting desperate. i smell a major bomb

Daxtreme    5,798

Tom Cruise can get enough people in the seats for this to cross $100M

OUT, but not by much

$130M

Edited by Daxtreme

Alli    952

Hey hey hey. I see someone else made a similar club. We have new believers. Anyone else wanna join?

jandrew    21,606

If the shitty 3rd one could do it while being like 6 years too late, then this fresh take with Tom Cruise will. Doesn't look that good to me, but my $9 doesn't matter.

stripe    1,796

Did I already say OUT??

Universal is in a good moment. Most of their original movies are overperforming

filmlover    25,109
3 hours ago, stripe said:

Did I already say OUT??

Universal is in a good moment. Most of their original movies are overperforming

A Mummy reboot is not original in the slightest, come on now.

I'm 50/50 on this. It does kinda give me "flop" vibes, but it could also surprise. We'll know the closer we get to the release date.

Barnack    2,194

We would need more word to talk about original regarding movies I think, I mean for some usage/definition of the word Bad Moms/Central intelligence/Nice Guys and other original script fully anchored on pre-tested and proven recipe, tropes, and so on are original but Cloud Atlas isn't.

That said yes, calling a Mummy reboot original is probably pushing it (outside a possible very original take on it) and universal last original live action movie were what, outside horrors, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, Hail Ceasar, The Boss, A Dog's Purpose, Almost Christmas, Trainwreck, Sister, Krampus, Crimson Peak, Boy Next Door, BlackHat, Seventh Son (kindish)

Not bad at all, not sure if most overperform.

With that said, if Universal are serious about launching a movie universe, they will probably promote that movie a lot and if it come close they will Edge of Tomorrow it over 100m, so I'm OUT.

Edited by Barnack