zerbs

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Easily one of my favorite shows. Its so self-contained while it hints at a Season 2. 

If I had to describe it to someone interested, I guess it would be Goonies meets Nightmare on Elm Street with Alien. Everyone in the show is perfect. Children are all fantastic, which was great to see. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, The Panda said:

This was spectacular, but I'm absolutely livid at that ending.  How could it do that to me.  That was so cruel.

Considering they're doing a sequel series, I think that ending was meant to be a tease, mind you it was a tease, I didn't really appreciate.

• Like 1

On August 12, 2016 at 5:03 PM, The Stingray said:

Them feels when 

Hide contents

El died. :(

And I thought Hold the Door would be the most emotional entertainment would make me all year.  Lol.  

For real though, El wins your heart in the series and really is the thing that makes it great.  Her entire arc is just tragically heartbreaking and the end just kills it by promising you a chance of happiness for a character that deserves it a few scenes back and then destroying you right after.

8 hours ago, The Panda said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

She'll be back though. I'm almost certain of that. Perhaps not right away, but by episode three or something. The Duffers even talked about them having toyed with the idea of teaming her up with Sheriff Hooper.

• Like 1

I watched the entire season in a night and a day. the best new show I've seen since Daredevil, everything was just so perfect in it and the kids! they were incredible. not to mention Winona Ryder and David Harbour who deserve emmys for their work if you asked me.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Kalo said:

I watched the entire season in a night and a day. the best new show I've seen sense Daredevil, everything was just so perfect in it and the kids! they were incredible. not to mention Winona Ryder and     David Harbour who deserve emmys for their work if you asked me.

I liked Winona Ryder but I felt as if she was the weakest link.  Millie Bobbie Brown really stood out for me.  She had so little to work with but conveyed so much, and not to mention she's twelve.  It was a heart winning performance.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I liked Winona Ryder but I felt as if she was the weakest link.  Millie Bobbie Brown really stood out for me.  She had so little to work with but conveyed so much, and not to mention she's eleven.  It was a heart winning performance.

Yeah now that I think of it, Millie Bobbie Brown probably gave the best performance in the entire show!

• Like 2