zerbs

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Although it does have a certain number of cliches it does get so much so right I can forgive it for that. 

Listening to it on it's own the soundtrack is a big part of why it works so well. 

• Like 1

I felt it (the show, not the music) really rode the fine line of being Too Much 80s. A little too insidery. A little too clever. A few characters I just never really got fully aboard with. A couple of key beats here and there that fell flat. And sure, some of this is expectation, I realize that. I'm sorta focusing on the negatives because that's what I'm thinking about, not as much the positives.

• Like 3

The music is completely out of sync with what's happening on screen. It's not depicting or enhancing the drama or actions or anything, it just plays over the footage because 80s.

Carpenter is a director first and foremost so his music is always in service of the scene or the greater picture. Here the music is a gimmick. 

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

The music is completely out of sync with what's happening on screen. It's not depicting or enhancing the drama or actions or anything, it just plays over the footage because 80s.

Carpenter is a director first and foremost so his music is always in service of the scene or the greater picture. Here the music is a gimmick. 

I didn't feel that at all.

I liked overall. Not my favorite show but I felt like some characters were overlooked and never really grew.  How come no one in two gave two shits that the Barb went missing they talking about the boy but a girl from the same high school went missing.  Plus the cook death that was ruled a suicide. I felt like the show could have shown more aniexty over 2 missing student eventually one found died and adult committing suicide. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I couldn't disagree more.

• Like 3

The weakest group of characters -- for me -- were the high-schoolers. I just never really got into them all that much, and (IMO) they all never really broke the mold from their basic stereotypes. The younger kids were all pretty great, and I really liked Hopper as well.

I like Winona Ryder, but I did think she was fairly one-note all the way through (not really her fault, her character was written to be hysterical and anxiety-ridden all the way through).

• Like 3

Finally got around to watching this.  Pretty good... excited for the 2nd season.

On 8/12/2016 at 4:03 PM, The Stingray said:

Them feels when 

Hide contents

El died. :(

Spoiler

Since Hopper is feeding her she'll be back.  Kind of guessed it when she just disappeared.