Impact

Best Costume Design predictions-2016

Interesting fact-since the award became one again in the 1960s (it use to be color and black and white) only 2 contemporary films have won (Pricilla Queen of the Desert and Travels with my Aunt)

Bumps-I had to look up Love and Friendship. I kind of remember that coming out now.

On another note-there often does seem to be that one odd film nobody saw that gets nominated in this category (Anonymous, WE, The Invisible Woman, basically 2009's nominations-Nine was the highest grossing film nominated in that category that year even!)

Keep in mind for those that might put La La Land as winning-only 2 cotemporary films have won since the merge of color and black white in this category in 1967 (as well as the only 2 modern day winners that were in color) (As I said in the first post)

(Trying to figure out what to put in this cat, I usually either do really bad or really good in this category)

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the dressmaker could get nominated. 

I think I might put that as a alt. Soon as I figure which 5 to put.
The categories that tend to either have people do well or mess up entirely are costumes, production design and the music cats!

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

this is one of the smallest branches. i think steve pond said a movie only needs something like 30 votes to get nominated. that's why you can get smaller weirder movies here.

Such as the time that film WE got nominated, another one was Affair of the Necklace which nobody heard of.