Ezen Baklattan

Sausage Party (2016)

Sausage Party (2016)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give Sausage Party (2016)?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Saw this yesterday, I have to say I am surprised I liked this film as it was a film I scoffed at months back thinking it was going to be totally stupid. Overall there isn't much to say about a film like this: It doesn't hide away or pretend ut's anything more than a raunchy good time film. Some of the jokes do get over-used like the toilet brush's jokes are a bit too much everytime he mentions a food item and they'd be there, and some sex jokes are over used. The last ten minutes of the film ummm.....kind of made me uncomfortable and really, felt a bit out of place like the creators needed to put in a food orgy scene somewhere and didn't know how it would fit in the story, so they just shrugged and said "eh, whatever let's just throw it right at the end". With that said, it definitely had some bright spots where I laughed a bit, and surprisingly the story actually made me care for the characters which is weird considering the type of film.

Overall I'd give it a B-, 7-10. It wasn't a great movie, but one that was good for a fun night with friends.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel really really bad now eating food now? O.O

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

Saw this yesterday, I have to say I am surprised I liked this film as it was a film I scoffed at months back thinking it was going to be totally stupid. Overall there isn't much to say about a film like this: It doesn't hide away or pretend ut's anything more than a raunchy good time film. Some of the jokes do get over-used like the toilet brush's jokes are a bit too much everytime he mentions a food item and they'd be there, and some sex jokes are over used. The last ten minutes of the film ummm.....kind of made me uncomfortable and really, felt a bit out of place like the creators needed to put in a food orgy scene somewhere and didn't know how it would fit in the story, so they just shrugged and said "eh, whatever let's just throw it right at the end". With that said, it definitely had some bright spots where I laughed a bit, and surprisingly the story actually made me care for the characters which is weird considering the type of film.

Overall I'd give it a B-, 7-10. It wasn't a great movie, but one that was good for a fun night with friends.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel really really bad now eating food now? O.O

I've got some shocking news for you...

I enjoyed the hell out of this movie! I'm still not sure how a brazenly vulgar animated film about talking foods exists, but I'm damn glad that it does. Perhaps the strongest praise I can give to this film is that I think I may have laughed even harder the second time around, if only because my lack of surprise at some of the film's filthier jokes didn't distract me from whatever was said or done in the immediate aftermath of my uncontrollable laughter (especially during the orgy scene). It also feels startlingly resonant in its examinations of the ways in which social structures lead to the suppression of people's self-expression, and that thoughtful commentary somehow fits in seamlessly with the barrage of off-color jokes. This is both the funniest and most uncompromising studio comedy in quite some time, and it's tough to imagine just how Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are going to top themselves from here.

A-

On 13 de agosto de 2016 at 11:08 PM, Water Bottle said:

Oh, look the Mexican food is like Mexican people! Oh, look, the bagel is like a Jew even with the nose! Oh, look, the falafel is Arabic! The two don't get along and we'll draw an all too obvious parallel to the Isreali conflict!

Oh, how clever we are! :rolleyes:

Better than having nothing to chew on.

I laughed hard in the theatre on opening weekend, but looking back on it, it's a really long Family Guy sketch that's 2edgy4me, and is geared towards emergent "enlightened atheist" 14 year olds

C-

Edited by franfar
  • Like 1