Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CoolEric258

Moonlight l A24 l Plan B l October 21, 2016 l Academy Award Best Picture

171 posts in this topic

800px-Moonlight-Web_72dpi.jpg

Director: Barry Jenkins

Writer: Barry Jenkins

Producer: Adele Romanski, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner

Starring: Trevante Rhodes, Andre Holland, Janelle Monae, Ashton Sanders, Jharrel Jerome, Naomie Harris, Mahershala Ali

Synopsis: Set in 1980s War on Drugs era Miami, Moonlight focuses on three different time periods of a man named Chiron, as he battles a rough home life and his dawning sexuality.

Yep, I'm stanning for this. Looks absolutely breathtaking.

8 people like this

A24 Distribution is hit and miss at our theaters, but if we got Ex Machina, I hope we can get this. 

Holy crap, that looks terrific. 

1 person likes this

this looks great! that's one of the best trailers i've seen this year.

2 people like this

So from a few people in the (seeming) know that I follow, this is apparently fucking spectacular. And it looks it, too. I love this cast. 

1 person likes this

Looks really great!!! I can't wait to see this! This thread needs to be add to the archives. 

1 person likes this

Looks fantastic, as all A24 films tend to. Will this be the #OscarsSoWhite killer that The Birth Of A Nation was supposed to be (alongside Loving)?

1 person likes this

This looks incredible.

1 person likes this

Looks fantastic, as all A24 films tend to. Will this be the #OscarsSoWhite killer that The Birth Of A Nation was supposed to be (alongside Loving)?

I think it'll be Fences. It's based off of a Pulitzer winner, and it has Denzel and Viola. I do think Moonlight and Loving will get BP noms though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks absolutely amazing.

I also like that whoever cut the trailer didn't just put a hip hop soundtrack over it because they thought it was a "black movie."

2 people like this

A from The Playlist: http://theplaylist.net/magnificent-moonlight-chronicles-journey-black-gay-man-america-telluride-review-20160903/

Like “Brokeback Mountain” a decade ago, “Moonlight” is a piece of art that will transform lives long after it leaves theaters. Those who will be changed by the picture may not see it on the big screen. They may even have to see it in secret. But when they do. Whey they watch Chiron

Spoiler

have that first kiss, when he can be himself for just an instance in a world that oppresses him?

It will be everything. 

were-not-worthy.gif?w=300

3 people like this

On September 2, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Alpha said:

This looks absolutely amazing.

I also like that whoever cut the trailer didn't just put a hip hop soundtrack over it because they thought it was a "black movie."

this probably wont appeal to most black audiences. its very indie. and niche.  

At most this will probably make as much as Room did so A24 would be wise to treat this with care too.

this was the first movie they actually financed themselves, everything up to now has been acquisitions. so they'll certainly want it to do well.

Edited by CoolioD1

This looks really fucking good, but I'm betting the Oscars ignore it. Not that that matters lol.

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

This looks really fucking good, but I'm betting the Oscars ignore it. Not that that matters lol.

I think it has a really good shot at the Oscars.