Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

CoolEric258

Moonlight l A24 l Plan B l October 21, 2016 l Academy Award Best Picture

CoolEric258    2,317

800px-Moonlight-Web_72dpi.jpg

Director: Barry Jenkins

Writer: Barry Jenkins

Producer: Adele Romanski, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner

Starring: Trevante Rhodes, Andre Holland, Janelle Monae, Ashton Sanders, Jharrel Jerome, Naomie Harris, Mahershala Ali

Synopsis: Set in 1980s War on Drugs era Miami, Moonlight focuses on three different time periods of a man named Chiron, as he battles a rough home life and his dawning sexuality.

Yep, I'm stanning for this. Looks absolutely breathtaking.

• Like 8

Cmasterclay    12,257

So from a few people in the (seeming) know that I follow, this is apparently fucking spectacular. And it looks it, too. I love this cast. 

• Like 1

CoolEric258    2,317
Looks fantastic, as all A24 films tend to. Will this be the #OscarsSoWhite killer that The Birth Of A Nation was supposed to be (alongside Loving)?

I think it'll be Fences. It's based off of a Pulitzer winner, and it has Denzel and Viola. I do think Moonlight and Loving will get BP noms though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpha    7,612

This looks absolutely amazing.

I also like that whoever cut the trailer didn't just put a hip hop soundtrack over it because they thought it was a "black movie."

• Like 2

CoolEric258    2,317

A from The Playlist: http://theplaylist.net/magnificent-moonlight-chronicles-journey-black-gay-man-america-telluride-review-20160903/

Like “Brokeback Mountain” a decade ago, “Moonlight” is a piece of art that will transform lives long after it leaves theaters. Those who will be changed by the picture may not see it on the big screen. They may even have to see it in secret. But when they do. Whey they watch Chiron

Spoiler

have that first kiss, when he can be himself for just an instance in a world that oppresses him?

It will be everything. 

were-not-worthy.gif?w=300

• Like 3

ban1o    3,546
On September 2, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Alpha said:

This looks absolutely amazing.

I also like that whoever cut the trailer didn't just put a hip hop soundtrack over it because they thought it was a "black movie."

this probably wont appeal to most black audiences. its very indie. and niche.  

CoolioD1    57,280

this was the first movie they actually financed themselves, everything up to now has been acquisitions. so they'll certainly want it to do well.

Edited by CoolioD1