grim22

Holmes and Watson | Dec 25 2018 | Sony | Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly

http://deadline.com/2016/08/will-ferrell-john-c-reilly-holmes-and-watson-talladega-nights-step-brothers-etan-cohen-1201804446/

EXCLUSIVE: After faring so well together in Talladega Nights and Step Brothers,Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are re-teaming in another Sony Pictures comedy. They’ll star in Holmes & Watson, with Etan Cohen directing a script that is inspired by the Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes tale, but with a PG-13 comic bent similar to their past collaborations. Ferrell and Reilly have been looking for several years to find another opportunity to work together, and now they’ve got it. Ferrell will play Holmes and Reilly will play his faithful wing man, Watson.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my love for john c. reilly offset by how bored i am by ferrell these days. from the director of get hard too. o/u on the number of "their relationship is kinda gay" jokes.

Yep. If Ferrell was Holmes I know I'd be tuning out, this way it's at least an 'on TV in four years'.

On 8/17/2016 at 8:47 AM, Arlborn said:

Hey, this could work. Ferrell can still make me laugh like hell when he's inspired.

I wonder if they will make him dim-witted and Watson as the true brains, that kinda seems too obvious.

They already did that in the 80s.

without-a-clue.22542.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/23/cinemacon-sony-presentation-live-blog/

Holmes and Watson footage looks hit or miss.

There are a few funny jokes and we'll have to see what kind of tone they set for the movie.

Ferrell and Reily are really hit or miss but they usually hit

Edited by CoolEric258

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

step brothers is the funniest movie of the last ten years so it's a shame that their next collab seems kinda wack but i never had much faith in this considering the director.

Get Hard's up there as one of the worst comedies ever. Not exaggerating.

12 hours ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Jesus, this looks awful. (It sounded awful from the get-go, admittedly).

Is there anything you think looks good anymore?  :redcapes:

• Thanks 1