chasmmi

BOT Top 100 Animated Films of all time - 24hours left to get votes in...

1 minute ago, JohnnY said:

Land Before Time is one of those movies that I've seen a million times when I was a kid, but I can't even recall the difference between the eight hundread movies of the franchise.

Only saw the first two, and the second one only once.

The first one of course is the one where the Mom dies in super traumatic/dramatic/soul-crushing fashion.

Best I can do for now.

1. Wall-E
2. Ratatouille
3. The Wind Rises
4. The Incredibles
5. Toy Story 3
6. Happy Feet
7. Inside Out
8. Only Yesteray
9. Up
10. Kung Fu Panda 2
11. Graves of Firefly
12. Rango
13. Toy Story 2
14. Batman: Year One
15. Monters Inc
16. Spirited Away
17. South Park
18. Brave
19. Shrek 2
20. Monster House
21. Nemo
2/. Mononoke

23. Chicken Run
24. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1
25. Tintin
26. Fantastic Planet
27. The Secret World of Arrietty
28. Beowulf

29. Corpse Bride
30. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
31. Meet the Robinsons
32. Lego Movie
33. Porco Rosso
34. Wreck-it Ralph

35. My Neighbors the Yamadas

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Goffe said:

Also, I hope there is enough love for Happy Feet and Meet the Robinsons out there.

Happy Feet is one of my most hated animated movies ever so no. I really like Meet the Robinsons though. it will definitely be in my top 100.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:35 AM, JohnnY said:

Count me in. But I need to watch Kubo, The Boy and the Beast and The Garden of Words before making this list, luckily we have until the end of the month.

Edit: Hm, Garden of Words is 46 minutes long, is it eligible?

I don't think my Top 20 will change, though...

1. Spirited Away (2001)
2. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006)
3. ...

I must say I find it odd to see a Ghibli heavy list that doesn't contain Fireflies... I do need to eventually see more of these myself though too :) 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:19 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Yups, will send in a full Top 100 list as soon as I get some time over the weekend. My new list will look very different to my 2014 list (or at least the top half will) thanks to my exposure to the marvellous films of Satoshi Kon in the time since. Unfortunately this multiple votes bonus scoring system kind of ensures they will not place in the final list no matter how high I score them :P Watch some Satoshi Kon work before October, BOT peeps. You will not regret it :) 

You never know :) And I may try to watch something but I make no promises.

6 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

I must say I find it odd to see a Ghibli heavy list that doesn't contain Fireflies... I do need to eventually see more of these myself though too :) 

I've wanted to see Fireflies for so long, but could never find a copy.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I've wanted to see Fireflies for so long, but could never find a copy.

I've been having the same problem. It screened in Toronto (independent theatre) on July 24 this summer, but I couldn't make it. I put a hold on it at the Toronto Public Library, but there are 4 copies and 60+ holds so I'm not expecting to get it any time soon.

TIFF (the organization, not the actual festival) will be showing "a near-exhaustive retrospective of films produced by Studio Ghibli" from December 24 to January 10 this winter. Hoping that that will include Fireflies and that I'll be able to make it.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've been having the same problem. It screened in Toronto (independent theatre) on July 24 this summer, but I couldn't make it. I put a hold on it at the Toronto Public Library, but there are 4 copies and 60+ holds so I'm not expecting to get it any time soon.

TIFF (the organization, not the actual festival) will be showing "a near-exhaustive retrospective of films produced by Studio Ghibli" from December 24 to January 10 this winter. Hoping that that will include Fireflies and that I'll be able to make it.

Maybe I'll just get it off amazon. My friend has most the other Ghibli films, so I can do it as a Christmas present.

• Like 3