CJohn

EMMYS 2016 | Discuss It Live Here

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think it'll win next year. Mr Robot is also treading on murky waters for a nomination next year, the Academy might dump it like they did with OITNB.

Yeah that's why I was hoping it would get it if The Americans didn't. They went in a very inaccessible, strange direction that's likely to alienate voters. Otherwise I think Better Call Saul this year was better than Robot's first season.

But none of them won, because Game of Thrones did. At least it wasn't anything really screwy like Downton Abbey or House of Cards.

Edited by Kevin Bacon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Bacon said:

Yeah that's why I was hoping it would get it if The Americans didn't. They went in a very inaccessible, strange direction that's likely to alienate voters. Otherwise I think Better Call Saul this year was better than Robot's first season.

But none of them won, because Game of Thrones did. At least it wasn't anything really screwy like Downton Abbey or House of Cards.

I think Stranger Things has a shot at winning solely because of how much of a cultural phenomenon it has become. 

• Like 3

• Community Manager
13 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Geez @Water Bottle @Nutella of Arabia get some servers fixed.

Anyway....

giphy.gif

We tried to address recent speed issues by moving to a new server from Invision. Clearly it's stability leaves much to be desired.

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Maybe they'll finally give some love to Leftovers Season 3 (assuming it's good).

That last bit is important. From hearing about another setting change and the huge fluctuation in quality from season one to two, it makes me wonder if we'll see a drop (or increase) in quality.

• Like 1

Also, I'm watching "The Magic of David Copperfield V: The Statue of Liberty Disappears" just because that clip for Matthew Rhys got me in the mood and holy shit, this show is so great, I'm so sad it lost. Happy as I am for Maslany's win, it's going to be very difficult for Russell to match or top her season four performance next year.

Then again, it's going to be hard for Rhys to top his work in season two (he still hasn't) and he didn't even get nominated for that.

Edited by Kevin Bacon
  • Like 1