kayumanggi

ASSASSIN'S CREED | 186.0 M overseas ● 240.7 M worldwide

On 26/12/2016 at 7:57 PM, Hermia said:

I don't think Fassbender got everything so easy. In his 30s he was playing a second role in 300 nobody remembers, he had to work to become lead.

He is a good actor and he is good looking, i don't see why he can't lead movies.  Everyone who is good looking and can act decently get many chances in Hollywood, not just Fassbender.

Anyway i always believe that neither the success nor failure of a movie should be attributed to the actors. The media and the viewers do that because actors are the only face we can recognize after the movie, but that doesn't mean that it's right.

Fassbender cannot be blamed. Yes but why do studios cast him if he cannot pull audiences to theater. His movies have bombed inspite of being good thats what ive heard! 

Studios are to blamed? Is fassbender wrong guy in right movies or right guy in wrong movies?

........... He didn't "accept" the role in AC, the film exists because of him, he's the one who sought it out, fell in love with it, stayed with it for a couple of years trying to get it off the ground, he's the one who brought on Kurzel, he's a producer on the film, it's a passion project for him. 

• Like 4

Assassin’s Creed hunted down an estimated $22m from its 49 markets for an early $44.1m.

The video game adaptation landed top in the UAE and India with debuts of $1.4m and $1m, respectively, and charted second in Germany with a preview-boosted $5.3m. It fell only 21% in France with a $3.5m second weekend for $10.6m to date.

Source: ScreenDaily

• Like 4

This is in Russia

7 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

Looks like 3rd best opening day ever for Assassin's Creed. Early estimates in two hours. 

6 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

Thursday estimates (table below).  240 mln RUB or $4 mln OD Assassin's Creed. 3rd best after Iron Man 3 and Suicide Squad. At least $10-11 mln OW. 

$700K Monster Trucks. $2.3-2.4 mln OW

Passengers dropped hard. Still should make billion RUB though. 

http://www.kinobusiness.com/news/kredo-ubiytsy-zakhvatyvaet-liderstvo-viking-vtoroy-/index.php

This is in Romania

5 hours ago, James said:

WEEKEND UPDATE: Assassin's Creed is a BEAST! It's selling out left and right and theaters keep giving it more and more showtimes. If it manages to keep up this pace, it should blow past 100.000 admissions for the weekend. 

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 4

The film is doing fine in Europe. It has yet to open in many markets where I expect it will do well. I really hate that U.S. websites label a film a 'flop' literally within hours of release. They give movies no space to breathe and find their audiences. Worse, when the film actually does well ultimately, they rarely, if ever acknowledge this. Instead they whitter on about the opening Friday in the U.S. when the film 'flopped'

and then grudgingly accept it 'recovered' overseas. So, even a successful film carries the flop tag with it because of those early headlines.

in reality, few films flop. They may under perform but rarely flop outright.

As for Fassbender, for my money he is one of the top two actors working today along with Hardy. He's the most versatile. 20 % of the U.S. audience on opening weekend said they saw the film because of him. Outside the U.S. that would be higher. He's always quality. The films less so, sometimes. AC will do just fine.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, All about Eve 2 said:

The film is doing fine in Europe. It has yet to open in many markets where I expect it will do well. I really hate that U.S. websites label a film a 'flop' literally within hours of release. They give movies no space to breathe and find their audiences. Worse, when the film actually does well ultimately, they rarely, if ever acknowledge this. Instead they whitter on about the opening Friday in the U.S. when the film 'flopped'

and then grudgingly accept it 'recovered' overseas. So, even a successful film carries the flop tag with it because of those early headlines.

in reality, few films flop. They may under perform but rarely flop outright.

So true. I think it has become better over the years with China playing a bigger role etc. but even in Germany people say a film is a flop because it underperformed in the USA, even if it did really well in Europa/Asia/everywhere OS!

AC is doing fine here in Germany too despite the modest reviews and the strong competition e.g. from Passengers and Rogue One. It's projected to have 175k admissions (according to our Saturday trend) on its second weekend and a total of around 640k admissions + last weeks Mo, Tue, Wed.

That M. Fassbender is the lead actor doesn't hurt at all, but honestly I think it's more the brand name „Assassins Creed“ this time.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2017 at 11:49 AM, TimmyRiggins said:

Seems a bit rushed for articles to come out saying Fox is going to lose 75 to 100 million over this, reminds me of John Carter.

Looks like they wont. With China this should do 2*Production budget atleast. 

So nowhere near JC

A few additional details:

ASSASSIN'S CREED slayed it w/ $45M overseas this weekend, and now has grossed $98M internationally. FRA ($13M) RUS ($9M) GER ($9M) UK ($7M)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 4

detail about UK last weekened

...Assassin’s Creed .. a non-final $6.42m (£5.29m) from its 527 sites, including $4.1m (£3.37m) from January 1-5. The film’s Fri-Sun tally of $2.32m (£1.91m) would have seen it chart second.

See UK thread, screendaily link

It earned another $45m over the weekend and brought its overseas cume to $98m. That includes $9m from Russia, $13m from France, and $7m from the United Kingdom. Including its $49.5m domestic total since opening just before Christmas of last year, the Regency/20th Century Fox offering has now earned $147.5m worldwide.

Now, to be fair, the Michael Fassbender/Marion Cotillard/Jeremy Irons video game adaptation cost $125 million to produce, so it's still a long way from home. But by the feeble standards of video game adaptations, it's almost a success story. With that $49.5m domestic total, it is already the 10th-biggest video game adaptation of all time, passing Warcraft ($47m) as of yesterday.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/01/09/michael-fassbenders-assassins-creed-kicks-overseas-box-office-butt/#681210841e0e

He thinks there is a slight possibility for $300m

• Like 3