cannastop

AT&T might acquire Time Warner

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Wow that means AT&T will be a gargantuan media company able to compete with Disney, now I see how important it is, thanks :)

I believe AT&T is already the biggest American telecommunications company (if we go by market cap). If you add in Time Warner's value, you'll get a company that's about twice Disney or Comcast's valuation. (Comcast owns NBC Universal, and is probably the closest analogue to what AT&T&T&WB will be.)

In terms of media, Time Warner already competes with Disney. Since AT&T doesn't already have any notable entertainment and media assets (that I know of), it's not like the deal is going to significantly change the two. 

It's probably more notable that this pushes AT&T further from other telcos and media companies and closer to the likes of the big tech companies (Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamienRoc said:

I believe AT&T is already the biggest American telecommunications company (if we go by market cap). If you add in Time Warner's value, you'll get a company that's about twice Disney or Comcast's valuation. (Comcast owns NBC Universal, and is probably the closest analogue to what AT&T&T&WB will be.)

In terms of media, Time Warner already competes with Disney. Since AT&T doesn't already have any notable entertainment and media assets (that I know of), it's not like the deal is going to significantly change the two. 

It's probably more notable that this pushes AT&T further from other telcos and media companies and closer to the likes of the big tech companies (Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft.)

Thanks for providing me this, that's clear and interesting. That'll be fascinating to see the birth of a new tech/media giantn trying not to rely on Telecoms is pretty smart.