Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fancyarcher

Mortal Engines (Peter Jackson to produce and co-write YA sci-fi series) | December 14, 2018 | Universal

36 posts in this topic

This could make a nice movie.

Edited by Arlborn
1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

12/14/18

I don't think it will be that front-loaded. Also that overseas take is a bit small

Ill show myself out

2 people like this

I read these books several years ago. Didn't like them. Main character is a psychopath and get progressively worse in sequels. They kill off the only likable character in the first book, realize their mistake and create a character just like that one in sequels. Even though there's very unconvincing reason why this new characters would take after the one that was killed. 

I can see why they want to make movies - it's an interesting universe and would make for striking SFX extravaganza. But they really need to fix the characters.

1 person likes this

A 3 hour long YA movie will be interesting to see for sure. Or maybe PJ will split it into 2 parts per book.

3 people like this

I would've been more interested in this movie if it was directed by Peter Jackson, but the premise is interesting enough, and I'm sure I'll like it.

But I guess this means the Han Solo movie will stay on the Memorial Day release date.

Hmm... wiki says "youth fiction". I dunno.... :mellow:

Still, i'm keeping an eye on it.

Sounds interesting.  Be keeping my eye on this film as it progress.

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

Hmm... wiki says "youth fiction". I dunno.... :mellow:

Still, i'm keeping an eye on it.

Romance is as bad as you can expect and conclusion is really ridiculous. I guess this will be re-written a lot. 

A very bold release date. I want this to do well but with AVATAR II opening a week after this one is suicidal.

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

A very bold release date. I want this to do well but with AVATAR II opening a week after this one is suicidal.

Maybe it'll be a situation like Passengers and Rogue One where both films will (most likely) do well.  Not to mention, Holmes and Avatar both succeeded.

2 people like this

I'm not sure I've ever seen a legit good movie directed by an ex-VFX supervisor. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a legit good movie directed by an ex-VFX supervisor. 

I thought you liked Deadpool?

:kitschjob:

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I thought you liked Deadpool?

:kitschjob:

Keyword here is ex.

Spoiler

As in.......

Spoiler

X

Spoiler

GON

Spoiler

GIVE

Spoiler

IT

Spoiler

TO

Spoiler

YA

3 people like this

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I would've been more interested in this movie if it was directed by Peter Jackson, but the premise is interesting enough, and I'm sure I'll like it.

But I guess this means the Han Solo movie will stay on the Memorial Day release date.

I suspect with Avatar 2 in December, Disney wasn't going to risk putting it there plus they already have Mary Poppins Returns on Christmas Day. 

I imagine Episode XIII will be December 2019 but all other spin-offs will alternate between December and May. I am surprised Disney didn't opt for Indiana Jones to go to Memorial Day but I imagine Mulan will move there.

9 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Well, if anyone wants to see if he's a legit good director with potential, rent this movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5861630/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2) and skip to his short, entitled "Feeder."  That's his only directorial effort so far.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

James Cameron & Peter Jackson were/are VFX supervisors, from a certain point of view.

2 people like this