Fancyarcher

Mortal Engines | December 14, 2018 | Universal

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/94822032/thats-a-wrap-for-sir-peter-jacksons-mortal-engines-as-film-heads-into-postproduction

That's a wrap for the filming of Sir Peter Jackson's Mortal Engines.

Wellington's Stone Street Studios, where the entire film was shot, has packed up its props while the movie goes into its post-production stage.

Jackson's publicist Melissa Booth said about 15 international artists would make their way home this week, if they hadn't left already.

Mortal Engines has about 50 New Zealand actors in the film and there were "a lot of Kiwi" heads of departments, Booth said.

• Like 3

With Peter Jackson's name this has serious potential. 

Kinda wish Valerian had an advantage like that.

I blame Besson for the mess. Guy should have been actively involved in the marketing of this film and should have gone pillar to post to get a big distributor for atleast North America. Also, he should have hired a dedicated marketing team that helped distributors all around the world to market this in a much better way. Such an ambitious and visual stunner just flat out tanking everywhere is not the way to present it. I know filmmaking is hard and on top of that marketing, but if you really want to succeed then you gotta leave no stone unturned. Valerian deserves success. Sadly, it seems to be destined to vanish without even putting up a fight at BO. And I am not talking about just domestic. Wait and watch when overseas numbers hit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Peter Jackson is one of my favorites. He needs to direct more often. Sadly, he wasted time on The Hobbit franchise. Liked the movies, but could have used his energy on something else. 

the previous director left unexpectedly so he stepped in to keep those movies on track for their release

• Like 1

8 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Ah yes the second best movie of the year.

The best is Ready Player One.

I see you have a new movie to stan now. I'm sure Jackson & the producers are super happy about that. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Positioning this as am event film by showing the teaser in front of Star Wars is a good move, even if this will be competing with Aquaman in that regard. To me, this film is the question mark making December 2018 extremely interesting. I cannot wait to see this teaser to find out if Peter Jackson has something big on his hands.

• Like 1

I thinj Mortal Engines can sell itself similar to something like The Hunger Games, Stranger Things or IT. All were driven by younger audiences and had sci-if/fantasy elements to them.

It just needs to have a strong trailer, and something it can use as a hook.

• Like 2