kayumanggi

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER | 285.4 M overseas ● 312.2 M worldwide

Sony are the worst studio ever! So on Sunday the worldwide gross was $293.8 million, then on Monday another update which says no it's actually at $283.3 million! What the hell is going on? 

Box Office Pro have the international gross at $256,615,942 but i've added the totals up to $258,131,398 and with countries not included it must be over $260 million internationally. It's a complete joke, it's like Sony doesn't want this to be the most successful film in the franchise.

Edited by StephenN18

6 minutes ago, StephenN18 said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $26,708,269    8.7%
Foreign:  $280,200,000    91.3%

Worldwide:  $306,908,269  

Until Sony changes the gross tomorrow! 

Even if they somehow change the numbers, this is a huge win for RE. :)

More than 300 million for a 6th movie of a franchise, is impressive.

Well technically this gross could include the $7.5 million that was taken off it a few weeks ago. 

I just want it higher than Afterlife to be the biggest one! A great achievement for the RE film series!

Edited by StephenN18
  • Like 1

What did I say about Sony changing the gross lol?:depp:

Well they dropped it $8.8 million, so the international gross is $271,412,256 with the worldwide total at $298,176,132. However, it has grossed $3,440,000 in China up to Thursday so the total gross is $301,616,132 so it's still the biggest one!

Well it's grossed $2.6 million in China this week but Sony haven't released an international number this week. Probably because they keep on getting it wrong. So the total gross up to this weekend will be something between $304.2 million to $313 million. 

• Like 1

We have an international figure from The-Numbers.com with $280,455,000.

Up to last Sunday I had the figures at $274,164,144 but Pro Box Office had it down as $271,412,256. I just wish we had accurate numbers!

Edited by StephenN18
  • Like 1

Looks like we won't have any more updates as it closed in China yesterday with a total of $161.44 million. Sony didn't report any international gross on Sunday but the-numbers.com have the gross at $280,451,649 but Pro Box Office have it at $277,010,970. 

Edited by StephenN18

6 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

What are the service fees and why aren't they included as part of the official total gross?

The increase of CHN BO 2016 is not good enough, and they decided to add service fees for making the number look better. The numbers of Mojo, BO Pro and US media include those money.

If I buy a ticket and pay $6 in Internet(include $0.5 service fee), studio will earn $5.5×25%, and the $0.5 for theater.

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

The increase of CHN BO 2016 is not good enough, and they decided to add service fees for making the number look better. The numbers of Mojo, BO Pro and US media include those money.

If I buy a ticket and pay $6 in Internet(include $0.5 service fee), studio will earn $5.5×25%, and the $0.5 for theater.

I see. Thanks.