JJ-8

Winter Game SOTM 4 : Time to see what you think about those pre-season answers of yours.....

So all the hard yards are done and the pre-season questions all answered.  Well I have just a couple of questions regarding the pre-season charts you all put up.  The question is how well, now that you have all had a week or more to think on it and seen some of the first weeks results, what do you think of your Top 15, Top 7 and Top 10.  So it's time to put it on the line and back yourself!

I'm asking 3 very simple questions:

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15)

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?

All seems simple enough. If you think for example you are an expert and have gotten all 15 Domestic, you can put it down of course.  However, this all seems simple enough until I mention the scoring here.  Nothing is ever easy as the saying goes.  

If you pick a number which is 3 or more less than your actual result (as per the bonus scoring) you will receive a score of 0 (nothing gained, nothing lost)

If you pick a number which is 1 or 2 LESS than your actual result, you will receive 10% of the bonus score for #films correct you receive for the respective chart.

If you pick the actual result (ie. you said you will get 13 / 15 here and you actually 13 / 15 in the game) you will receive 30% of the bonus score for the #films correct.

If you pick a number which is MORE (even 1) than your actual result for the game.  YOU WILL LOSE A SCORE EQUAL TO 30% of the bonus score as noted above.

Examples (using Q1 only - this is repeated for Q2 & Q3 using the bonus scoring for Domestic Weekends and Worldwide Weekends.)

Example 1 = Q1 your answer here is = 12.  At the end of the game you get 12 correct and will receive 90k score here. (30% of 12 / 15 bonus score ~ 300k)

Example 2 = Q1 your answer here is = 12. at the end of the game you get 14 correct and will receive 70k score here. (10% of 14 / 15 bonus score ~ 700k)

Example 3 = Q1 your answer here is = 14.  at the end of the game you get 13 correct and will receive -150k score here (-30% of 13 / 15 bonus score ~ 500k)

For scoring refer to the original pre-season post which listed all the bonus scores for # films correct in each chart.

So what about ABSTAIN.  There is no abstain here, no need because if you do not answer, you will be assuming an answer of 0 for this which means you receive 0 for this SOTM.  

If you think about, quite a few points can be scored here but the closer you go your final result the more risk you are taking at going to far.....

Good luck everyone, and any questions post it in here as always and i will do my best to answer!

Deadline is Thursday, 11:59pm.

• Like 1

I hate you :sadben: 

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) 11

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 5

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 7

• Like 4

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) 10

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 6

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 6

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) Ten

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? Six

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? Eight

Edited by WrathOfHan

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) *11*

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? *5*

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? *5*

While re-reading my pre-season predictions to answer this question, I've just noticed that I apparently liked Inferno's chances internationally *so much* that I listed it twice, at 8th and 10th. Go me.

• Like 2

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) ELEVEN

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? FIVE

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? SEVEN

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) TEN

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? FIVE

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? SIX

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  TEN

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? FOUR

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? EIGHT

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) 11

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 5

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 7

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) 9

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 4

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 6

Fuck, what did I put?

*checks*

Fuuuuuuck.

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  ie. how many of the 15 films you picked will be in the top 15 (doesn't have to be in the exact position you have it, just the top 15) 10

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 4

Q1. How many films in the top 15 Domestic do you think you have gotten correct this Winter?  10

Q2. How many films in the top 7 Domestic Weeekends do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 6

Q3. How many films in the top 10 Worldwide do you think you have gotten correct this Winter? 8