kayumanggi

SING | 363.8 M overseas ● 634.2 M worldwide

SING

sing-ii
NBCUniversal

Illumination and Universal’s animated show crossed the $200M mark at the international box office this weekend with an extra $23.3M in 61 territories for a total of $206.3M. Worldwide, that tunes up to $463.7M. In the UK/ireland and France, the openings were No. 1. While the UK/Ireland kicked off at No. 3 on Friday, Saturday saw a spike to No. 1 for a weekend estimate of $13M (including previews). That’s better than The Secret Life Of Pets’ start last year and is good for Illumination’s biggest bow of an original. In France, Sing scored $4.9M including previews. It took over the No. 1 spot from La La Land on Saturday with many sold-out shows, and Sunday was expected to go higher. It’s the 4th biggest winter animated release ever in France. Holds are good in other majors like Germany (-38%) and Mexico (-39%). China (February 17), Russia (March 2) and Japan (March 17) are in the wings.

• Like 2

Harmonizing with another $12M in 61 markets, Illumination and Universal’s animated show has an international total of $224.1M for a worldwide cume of $487M. No new curtains went up this session. The UK in frame 2 took over the No. 1 spot on Saturday for the 2nd weekend in a row and is looking at $4.8M for the three-day with an $18.2M cume thus far and ahead of school holidays. France is at No. 3 for a 12-day total of $9.2M as kids head off on school breaks. China joins the party on February 17, followed by Russia and Japan in March.

DHD

SING

As it tunes up to pass $300M international, Illumination/Universal’s animated charmer belted out another $11.4M in 62 markets this frame to bring the offshore box office to $297.2M. Globally, the Garth Jennings-helmed title is at $565.4M. Russia opened bigger than Moana, Trolls and Frozen with $6.4M including previews – at No. 2 behind Logan. In China, the total is now $27.3M after three frames. Japan next takes the stage on March 17.

SING

As it tunes up to pass $300M international, Illumination/Universal’s animated charmer belted out another $11.4M in 62 markets this frame to bring the offshore box office to $297.2M. Globally, the Garth Jennings-helmed title is at $565.4M. Russia opened bigger than Moana, Trolls and Frozen with $6.4M including previews – at No. 2 behind Logan. In China, the total is now $27.3M after three frames. Japan next takes the stage on March 17.

Does Sing and Moana open in Japan on same weekend?

Strange year for animation.  Looks like Moana will most likely beat Sing WW and it will definitely beat Sing OS, while Sing will finish about 20 million ahead of Moana domestically.

Totally opposite of what most people, including me, would have predicted.

1 hour ago, Planodisney said:

Strange year for animation.  Looks like Moana will most likely beat Sing WW and it will definitely beat Sing OS, while Sing will finish about 20 million ahead of Moana domestically.

Totally opposite of what most people, including me, would have predicted.

I don't know, I think a lot of people, even those predicting a greater DOM total for Sing, still had Moana with a better overseas take.

• Like 3

Will beat THE CROODS before end of March 2017! Thus becoming the #3 highest animated original non Disney film WW of all time behind only Secret Life of Pets and King Fu Panda!

Excellent accomplishment.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $268,716,030    46.5%
Foreign:  $309,505,158    53.5%

Worldwide:  $578,221,188  

By disappointing or mediocre we are talking in terms of its OS gross.

Its domestic is just fine, but it won't be even close to Croods OS gross and could very well not make it to 350 OS, which is a disappointment.  

Edited by Planodisney

I thinks it's disappointing but it's also understandable.

By making a film that talks about music and you only use American songs, your international audience gets very limited.

So I see why it did well in North America and not so good overseas.

I'm not saying that they should've used japanese or spanish songs in the movie, it's just my point.