kayumanggi

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE | 136.2 M overseas ● 312.0 M worldwide

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

Pathetic overseas performance 

I agree!

It will improve when it opens in Australia, considering that the film has been doing well in English-speaking countries, I predict between $ 15-20 million. In Japan it must bomb. Even so the overseas numbers are mediocre in view of the commercial potential Lego films have.

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I agree!

It will improve when it opens in Australia, considering that the film has been doing well in English-speaking countries, I predict between $ 15-20 million. In Japan it must bomb. Even so the overseas numbers are mediocre in view of the commercial potential Lego films have.

It's already a success and the run isn't over yet. With its $80m, it's making a healthy profit for WB. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's already a success and the run isn't over yet. With its $80m, it's making a healthy profit for WB. 

I agree it is a success! In the US, UK and in the future Australia. WB will make a good profit on the film, but could do much more if the jokes did not sound better in the English language.

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Sales said:

I agree it is a success! In the US, UK and in the future Australia. WB will make a good profit on the film, but could do much more if the jokes did not sound better in the English language.

To an extent, I agree but I think making the Lego films more globally appealing could hurt them in the English markets so it's a balance WAG needs to tread carefully. It's similar to how American comedies don't fare well in many countries because the humour doesn't translate.

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

To an extent, I agree but I think making the Lego films more globally appealing could hurt them in the English markets so it's a balance WAG needs to tread carefully. It's similar to how American comedies don't fare well in many countries because the humour doesn't translate.

Maybe less joke and more content?

Zootopia did not have many jokes, or famous characters like Batman, had only a great story and script, so it was a success worldwide.

The LEGO Batman Movie added $5.1m from 59 markets, bringing the follow-up to The LEGO Movie to $116.5m. The UK is the animation’s top grossing territory on $32.3m. Mexico has grossed $8.1m, Germany $6.7m, and Brazil and France on $6.1m and $5.5m, respectively. Australia is the next to receive the film on March 30.

Source: Screen Daily

335M+ WW