PanaMovie

La La Land OS Thread - 288.1M OS - 439M WW

Awards contender La La Land started its international rollout with an estimated $4.6m debut from its six markets.

South Korea provided the majority of the opening with $4m ahead of openings in the Netherlands on December 22 and Australia on Boxing Day. Most markets will start releasing mid-January. 

Source: Screen Daily

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

Thinking this could be big in Japan. They loooove musicals.

Y2 billion to Y3 billion possible considering how well Into the Woods and Les did.  They usually open small and post GIANT multipliers with Les at No.7 of the highest multipliers. Hopefully it does above Y1 billion which is the threshold it needs to pass to be considered a "box office hit" in Japan.

Edited by CelestialFairyIX

With no new major openings, awards contender La La Land danced to an extra $4.7m from its 14 markets for an early $11.3m.

In South Korea, the musical boosted 2% as it remained in second with a $9.5m running tally to date. It opens in the Netherlands next weekend, following by Australia on Boxing Day.

Source: Screen Daily

• Like 1

Dancing into Australia with a seven-day $3.3m debut, La La Land added $6m from its 31 markets for $27.8m so far.

The awards contender has amassed $17.7m in South Korea after four weeks of release and has openings to come in Germany (January 12), the UK (January 13) and Brazil (January 19), among others, still to come.

Source: ScreenDaily

100M+ OS is possible with GG and Oscar's 

With no new major openings, La La Land danced to an extra $3.8m from its 37 markets for $34.1m to date.

The awards contender is now Lionsgate’s second highest-grossing film ever in South Korea with $19.5m after five weeks, and it opens in Germany, Russia, Spain, Finland and the UK next weekend.

Source: ScreenDaily

With GG and Oscar's this movie is going to explode

150M+ OS and 100M+ DOM

250M+ WW

• Like 1

Overseas, La La Land is singing loudly. Lionsgate insiders expect the movie to open to a stellar $6 million in the U.K. this weekend as it dances past the $50 million mark internationally.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hidden-figures-eyes-24m-mlk-victory-silence-live-by-night-doa-964232?utm_source=twitter

• Like 4

it's evidently doing great here in the UK & I am sure it will post good numbers for an opening weekend.

If Lionsgate is anticipating $6 million then that is great. That means it would be looking at $25 million finish as a minimum, with potential to do much more.

Edited by Treecraft

5 minutes ago, peludo said:

No numbers yet, but it is opening first in Spain.

that got just tweeted, not sure, I recognise Canta = sing, Passengers, Silencio, Underworld, and Rogue One are obvious, Frantz could be a Luxembourg.. made film, the rest I am not sure about

TOP10 PROV 1-C.ESTRELLAS 2-CANTA 3-SILENCIO 4-CONTRATIEMPO 5-PASSENGERS 6-UNDERWORLD 7-TENÍA QUE SER ÉL 8-FRANTZ 9-COMANCHERÍA 10-ROGUE ONE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

that got just tweeted, not sure, I recognise Canta = sing, Passengers, Silencio, Underworld, and Rogue One are obvious, Frantz could be a Luxembourg.. made film, the rest I am not sure about

TOP10 PROV 1-C.ESTRELLAS 2-CANTA 3-SILENCIO 4-CONTRATIEMPO 5-PASSENGERS 6-UNDERWORLD 7-TENÍA QUE SER ÉL 8-FRANTZ 9-COMANCHERÍA 10-ROGUE ONE

1. La La Land

2. Sing!

3. Silence

4. Contratiempo (local film)

5. Passengers

6. Underworld

7. Why him?

8. Frantz (French film)

9. Hell or High Water

10. Rogue One

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, peludo said:

1. La La Land

8. Frantz (French film)

So I guessed right that it might be the right tweet to confirm your Spain LLL ranking post

Now I know for which term to look out :D

(I think #8 is a co-production, at least I've seen different countries of origin in different charts of country's BO)

• Like 2

Lionsgate’s Golden Globe winner tuned up a jazzy offshore FSS frame of $17.8M to lift the international box office to $54.8M, including a stellar debut in the UK. Worldwide, the cume is projected at $132M through tomorrow. In the UK, where Damien Chazelle’s contemporary ode to old Hollywood scored 11 BAFTA nominations last Tuesday, it sashayed into the No. 1 spot with a $7.3M debut at 606 locations (including previews). This is Lionsgate UK’s widest release ever and is tops the opening weekend of The Hunger Games by 22% in local currency (£6M vs £4.9M). The awards-season darling is now in 50 overseas markets with Brazil, France, Italy and China among plays still to come.

Source: Deadline.com

Wow I think now this has a change of doing more than 200M+ OS and 350M+ WW

• Like 1