grey ghost

Your top 3 movies from your top 3 directors

On 26/11/2016 at 11:17 AM, Fanboy said:

We have the same three favourite Hitchcock movies. Glad someone appreciates Rope as much as I do. 

My other two directors: 

Coens- Fargo, Inside Llewyn Davis, A Serious Man 
Kubrick- Eyes Wide Shut, 2001, A Clockwork Orange 

I love Rope too, but Hitchcock has SO MANY straight-up masterpieces that it barely makes the filmmaker's top 10. No director even comes close to him.

• Like 2

Spielberg would be there too if half of his filmography wasn't just... uninteresting, eeh. Plus the fact I don't like where his career is going right now, his last great movie is about a decade old now.

Edited by Goffe

On 21/11/2016 at 10:09 PM, Tower said:

Christopher Nolan: The Dark Knight, Inception, Memento

David Fincher: Fight Club, Gone Girl, The Social Network

Ridley Scott: Black Hawk Down, The Martian, Prometheus

Update:

Ridley Scott is out, replaced by David Lean: Doctor Zhivago, Lawrence Of Arabia, The Bridge On The River Kwai.

On 11/29/2016 at 11:27 PM, Goffe said:

Spielberg would be there too if half of his filmography wasn't just... uninteresting, eeh. Plus the fact I don't like where his career is going right now, his last great movie is about a decade old now.

For having such a large body of work, he releasing alot of mediocre movies, he just happens to have a few fantastic ones in there every now and then though. I really liked Bridge of Spies though.

Hitchcock: North by Northwest, Rear Window, Strangers on a Train. Honorable Mention is Rebecca.

Kurosawa: Ran, High and Low, The Bad Sleep Well. Honorable Mention is Seven Samurai.

Not sure who my 3rd director would be yet

Edited by 4815162342