FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

Walt Disney is reporting that their latest Thanksgiving animation release drew $2.6M last night from previews starting at 7pm, beating a slew of previous preview nights for their feature tunes including Zootopia‘s Thursday night ($1.7M), Big Hero Six ($1.4M), The Good Dinosaur (which had a Tuesday night preview record of $1.3M) as well as Frozen ($1.2M). The latter ice sister princess movie remains the 5-day Thanksgiving day opening champ with $93.59M.

• Like 2

$100m OW... wow

The $150 million-budgeted

comparisons, Universal and Illumination’s Despicable Me 2 earned $4.7 million via Tuesday previews towards a jaw-dropping $83m Fri-Sun frame and $143m five-day debut over the July 4th, 2013 weekend. That’s not going to happen here, but since that’s the record for a Wed-Sun animated debut of this nature, I thought I’d throw it in.

But, with the wind unquestionably blowing in the right direction, maybe we are looking at a $100 million+ five-day opening for Walt Disney’s newest adventure. Heck, a multiplier like The Good Dinosaur gets it to $113m by Sunday.

out of the link above

Edited by terrestrial