Baumer's 50 Best Christmas movies of all time

47 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

A Christmas Vacation (1989)

Directed by Jeremiah Chechik

Starring Chevy Chase, Beverly DeAngelo and Randy Quaid

Box office:  71.3 million

"Why is the floor all wet TODD?"

"I don't know MARGO!"

Without a doubt, one of the funniest films ever made.  I laugh from start to finish.  From Audrey's face being frozen to the green chem trails that the flying Santa seems to leave at the end of the movie, this is just diabolically hysterical in almost every scene.  If you have seen this movie, you know about the shitter being full.  You know about it being nipply in here.  You know about Snots and heads being sewn to the carpet and of Clark's meltdown after getting a year long subscription to the jelly of the month club:

" Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol? "

Christmas Vacation is blessed in every way.  A terrific selection of Christmas Carols and Clark's obsession with Christmas lights and trees and decorations and so on, makes this one a classic.  And it of course has a beautiful message about family and the Christmas spirit.  

I love this film beyond words.  And of course my mother would laugh hysterically at this movie.  I watch it several times over the holidays and it never gets old.  It's just the film that keeps on giving the whole year round.  

Image result for a christmas vacation

• Like 2

Christmas movies always bring me some sort of joy (except the Hallmark ones)

My favorites would include:

White Christmas

A Christmas Carol (the George C. Scott version and the Mickey Mouse cartoon)

Christmas Vacation

Home Alone (My personal favorite of the bunch)

Batman Returns (I consider this one a Christmas film, personally)

The Santa Clause

Elf

Bad Santa

The Polar Express

Arthur Christmas

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2016 at 6:02 PM, Christmas Baumer said:

"I don't know MARGO!"

Without a doubt, one of the funniest films ever made.  I laugh from start to finish.  From Audrey's face being frozen to the green chem trails that the flying Santa seems to leave at the end of the movie, this is just diabolically hysterical in almost every scene.  If you have seen this movie, you know about the shitter being full.  You know about it being nipply in here.  You know about Snots and heads being sewn to the carpet and of Clark's meltdown after getting a year long subscription to the jelly of the month club:

" Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol? "

Christmas Vacation is blessed in every way.  A terrific selection of Christmas Carols and Clark's obsession with Christmas lights and trees and decorations and so on, makes this one a classic.  And it of course has a beautiful message about family and the Christmas spirit.  

I love this film beyond words.  And of course my mother would laugh hysterically at this movie.  I watch it several times over the holidays and it never gets old.  It's just the film that keeps on giving the whole year round.  

Such a classic 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 9:02 PM, Christmas Baumer said:

"I don't know MARGO!"

We share the same favorite Christmas Movie :)

• Like 2