Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

16 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I wonder if all the media attention to the perfect RT score makes reviewers less likely to want to break it now. 

The other side of the coin is there could be a contrarian who will break it just for the attention the first "rotten" review will get.

12 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

The other side of the coin is there could be a contrarian who will break it just for the attention the first "rotten" review will get.

yeah this too. First negative review will get lots of clicks for sure lol. 

Couldn't catch this last night when I'd hoped. Will see today. Hope it's better than Keanu which, while a breath of fresh air some of hilarious moments, felt like 20 minute sketch stretched to 90 minutes. It's always looked far more appealing as a premise. A modern retooling of Guess Who's Coming To Dinner and The Stepford Wives. Can't wait. Plus, you know, that dude from Black Mirror's 15 Million Merits episode. He was great there. Look forward to seeing him again here.

8 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Toy Story 2 is at 100% with a perfect 163/163.

Impressive.  It shows the reviewer inflation over the years too. 163 reviews for a major release would be ridiculously low now, big movies like that would have 300-400 reviews now.

112/0 now

Edited by Incarnadine

18 minutes ago, ban1o said:

The audience rating is a little low. I don't know what that means. We'll see if it goes down after today

The audience score is perfectly on par w/the average score (8.3/10). That is really good. ESPECIALLY for a horror movie, where audiences are not usually high givers. Case in point, other popular horror movies' audience scores:

- Don't Breathe - 79%

- It Follows - 65%

- Lights Out - 63%

- Split - 81%

- The Conjuring - 82%

- The Conjuring 2 - 82%

- The Shallows - 60%

- The Witch - 56%

People need to realize that the Tomatometer isn't the quality score attributed by the critics, it's just the percentage of critics that liked the movie. It could be 100% w/a 6/10 average score.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I wouldn't trust the audience score on this anymore than Dear White People's IMDB score. 

this i off topic but why was there so much backlash over the Netflix trailer? I swear the original movie didn't have that much backlash.It's odd. 

Edited by ban1o