kayumanggi

EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING | 05.19.17 | Warner Brothers

MGM Nabs Hot YA Novel 'Everything, Everything'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bookmark/mgm-nabs-hot-ya-novel-817117

Nicola Yoon's debut novel, which will hit shelves Sept. 1 via Random House's Delacorte, follows Maddy, a teen who has severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), a rare disease that causes her to be allergic to practically everything. She’s spent 17 years hiding out in her home, only seeing her mother and her nurse, Carla. But when a boy named Olly moves in next door, Maddy begins to fall in love.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

"A teenager who's lived a sheltered life because she's allergic to everything, falls for the boy who moves in next door."

Just got moved from an August 18 date to the date in the title above.      

This moved to May to get ahead of Midnight Sun, which is the exact same premise

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Sun_(2017_film)

Sheltered since early childhood, Katie Price (Bella Thorne), now 17, lives with a life-threatening sensitivity to sunlight. During the day she is housebound, having only her father, Jack (Rob Riggle) for company. But it is after dark that Katie’s world opens up, when she ventures out to the local train station to play her guitar for travelers. One night, she meets Charlie (Patrick Schwarzenegger), an ex-high school all-star athlete, whom she has secretly admired for years. She hides her condition from him and the two begin a uniquely powerful romance. Midnight Sun is a heart-breaking, life-affirming story of young love, of dreams lost and realized, and one (nearly) perfect summer.

20 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Perfect way to describe the scathing reviews the film will get.

lol yeah I dont' think this will get good reviews. The book was weird too. The ending is odd. 

Edited by ban1o

mm I'm debating how much this grosses. "If I stay" made 50 million domestic. Me Before you made 56 (however this film was HUGE overseas) but Paper Towns only made 32 million even with John green's huge fanbase. I guess it depends if it gets mediocre or terrible reviews. 

Maybe like 14 OW 40 total? 

Edited by ban1o

3 hours ago, ban1o said:

mm I'm debating how much this grosses. "If I stay" made 50 million domestic. Me Before you made 56 (however this film was HUGE overseas) but Paper Towns only made 32 million even with John green's huge fanbase. I guess it depends if it gets mediocre or terrible reviews. 

Maybe like 14 OW 40 total? 

Im leaning towards Paper Towns numbers. 

12m OW/ 30 DOM

• Like 1