That One Girl

Unforgettable | April 21, 2017 | Warner Bros. | Oscar buzz

Yes, we have seen this film a million times, but how is that any different from any other genre? How many times have we seen the same ole superhero origin story, with its same beats of discovery, reluctance, and embracing of superpowers, and the final battle with a crappy villain? How many times have we seen the revenge thriller with an almost-superhuman man at its center avenging the death of a loved one? How many times have we seen the same ole romcom with the meet-cute, the break-up and the make up? 

Looks like trashy fun, and I am always game to see Rosario!

• Like 8

It is not a direct to DVD movie. It is not even a TV movie. Heck, it just looks like a TV episode. Close up after close up. No single wide shot at all. You call it a movie ? By the way, it is written by the same writer of "Shut In". For god's sake, What the hell is WB doing all these years under the watch of Kevin Tsujihara? Back in the days, no matter how incompetent WB might be, they won't be that shamelessly put out this kind of crap. I am totally baffled that it is getting a wide release. It is absolutely embarrassing. 

What\s interesting about this is that Denise Di Novi is directing her first film.  She's a super producer and has done films that Batman Returns, Heathers, Edward Scissorhands and Crazy Stupid Love.

1 hour ago, Christmas Baumer said:

What\s interesting about this is that Denise Di Novi is directing her first film.  She's a super producer and has done films that Batman Returns, Heathers, Edward Scissorhands and Crazy Stupid Love.

I noticed that too and I truly wonder how her considerable experience in the industry will translate to her directing. To be perfectly honest, I am rooting for her, simply because I always want to see more women directing. 

• Like 3

I'm not the biggest Katherine Heigl fan but she definitely looks good in this movie and I do like Rosario Dawson as well. Yes this film looks like something you've seen before but then again ever since Fatal Attraction has come out these kinds of films have a formula and they have been somewhat interesting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

I'm not the biggest Katherine Heigl fan but she definitely looks good in this movie and I do like Rosario Dawson as well. Yes this film looks like something you've seen before but then again ever since Fatal Attraction has come out these kinds of films have a formula and they have been somewhat interesting.

BY the way, @Christmas Baumer, these Woman/Mistress/Seductress from hell potboilers tend to make solid money, but usually garner so-so reviews. Has there been a case of a film like this not titled Fatal Attraction or Play Misty for Me that got decent reviews? I am curious as to what a proven director, or even a so-called auteur could do with a story like this.