#5. The Old Republic

#4. A Bothan’s Story

#3 Yoda

#2 Boba Fett

#1 Young Obi Won

HM Knights of Ren, The Hutt Father

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

7 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

In the original game there is a crawl, and as we now know, Lucasfilm don't intend for the anthology movies to have a crawl at all.

Which means we have to insert this marvelous exposition...

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Four thousand years before
the rise of the Galactic
Empire, the Republic verges
on collapse. DARTH MALAK,
last surviving apprentice of
the Dark Lord Revan, has
unleashed an invincible
Sith armada upon an
unsuspecting galaxy.

Crushing all resistance,
Malak's war of conquest
has left the Jedi Order
scattered and vulnerable
as countless Knights fall in
battle, and many more
swear allegiance to the new
Sith Master.

In the skies above the Outer
Rim world of Taris, a Jedi
battle fleet engages the
forces of Darth Malak in a
desperate effort to halt the
Sith's galactic domination…

... at various spots throughout the movies, and with a strong emphasis on "Show, don't tell", of course. A good spot to put these would be during Revan's Jedi training. His masters could explain this casually, since he will ask lots of questions, or something like that. 

I have to say, Anthology film or not, this movie would benefit A LOT from having a crawl... whatever

The problem with KOTOR's current opening is that it assumes you've read the crawl, and even then, it's by far the most boring part of the story (escaping the ship)

No idea what to do to correct this :(

If you do a cold open a la Rogue One, the "prologue" would be escaping the Endar Spire as it is attacked. Now I would change it from you waking up mid-battle like "duh?" and have a couple minutes of establishment of the ship arriving at Taris and a couple hints of the mission before the Sith Armada arrives. They attack, general alarms sound, cut to "Revan" gearing up and an active participant instead of being spoonfed recent events by Trask. Isolated conversations on Taris and Dantooine would be able to fill in backstory here and there.

The escape pod with you and Carth jettisoning out just in advance of the pursuing Sith troopers as the music swells would be segue into the title card.

The first film for a KOTOR trilogy does have a set foundation for plot arc. Act 1 - Taris, Act 2 - Dantooine, Act 3 - Planet 1.

The main thing to figure out would be how to handle HK-47. While stumbling across him in a shop on Tatooine is fine for RPG purposes, it's too coincidental for movie plotting because him winding up on one of the same four planets you visit is lazy writing in that regard. One idea I've had is that HK-47's latest job puts him in the Republic fleet, he catches a glimpse of "Revan" in the character's new life, this triggers his memory reboot, and he then stalks/follows Revan around, including finagling his way onto the Endar Spire (all of this of course gets explained later after the twist). This also makes him available for the entire story.

• Like 3

The attack on Endar Spire would also outright show a Jedi fighting very early (the same way it happens in the game), and that's gotta pump some adrenaline in all the doubters at this point :D I imagine many will start suspecting that our main character is or will be a Jedi at some point. A random Jedi can't steal the show here :P

Now, how to end film 1 is the tricky part. "Planet 1" has to be really damn good and exciting in order to justify a movie ending. How could it measure to movie endings like Rogue One? There is no way it could, Rogue one just blows it out of the water (let's stay spoilers-free for Rogue One, of course)

I would end film 2 with the twist, in a way it would be sort of a mirror to ESB (only reference to ESB in the whole movie, so hardly copying...) -- Great ending, and probably the best ending of the 3 movies.

... and film 3 would be the aftermath, and going after Malak, and it would be the movie of big decisions (especially considering Bastila). It would also be the most linear of the movies I think, in a sense that everyone knows what they have to do from the get go. Think Return of the King - epic scale, huge stakes, last confrontation.

On that subject, I suppose the Light Side ending would be the preferred, and only one.

Only problem I see with that story is that it's fairly conventional, aside from the twist of course. A sort of mix between Lord of the Rings and the OT :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

The attack on Endar Spire would also outright show a Jedi fighting very early (the same way it happens in the game), and that's gotta pump some adrenaline in all the doubters at this point :D I imagine many will start suspecting that our main character is or will be a Jedi at some point. A random Jedi can't steal the show here :P

Now, how to end film 1 is the tricky part. "Planet 1" has to be really damn good and exciting in order to justify a movie ending. How could it measure to movie endings like Rogue One? There is no way it could, Rogue one just blows it out of the water (let's stay spoilers-free for Rogue One, of course)

I would end film 2 with the twist, in a way it would be sort of a mirror to ESB (only reference to ESB in the whole movie, so hardly copying...) -- Great ending, and probably the best ending of the 3 movies.

... and film 3 would be the aftermath, and going after Malak, and it would be the movie of big decisions (especially considering Bastila). It would also be the most linear of the movies I think, in a sense that everyone knows what they have to do from the get go. Think Return of the King - epic scale, huge stakes, last confrontation.

On that subject, I suppose the Light Side ending would be the preferred, and only one.

Only problem I see with that story is that it's fairly conventional, aside from the twist of course. A sort of mix between Lord of the Rings and the OT :rofl:

The problem is that none of the 4 planets really have a slam-bang epic climax that lends itself well to cinema. The closest would be Kashyyyk, since by incorporating my HK-47 idea you have the whole team together by the end of Movie 1 and a Wookiee uprising against slavers could be interpreted the best of the 3 options (I say 3 because let's face it, Korriban is best suited for Movie 3 since you'll have a reawakened Revan facing demons both metaphorically and literally while struggling with the identity crisis.)

Plus you can make Darth Bandon the primary nemesis of Movie 1 and have him taken out in a fight against the Jedi. Or have him escape and set up a later rematch.

The Leviathan would obviously be the climax of Movie 2 with the twist.

• Like 2

I suspect what we're going to get next is something in the 30 year gap between RotJ and TFA.  There's been a few books here and there in that time period, but for the most part LFL has been staying the hell away from that time period, only encorching at the margins of either end.

It APPEARS that a new animated SW series, written by Jen Muro, is in the works.  Even after that inital report (and after she yanked at least one of the tweets), she's been dropping not so cryptic hints about a major project she can't talk about on her Twitter feed.  Combine that with Dave Filoni's promotion to Executive Producer of LFL's Animation Department and it's not hard to add two and two togther.

The speculation is more the time period, but a post RotJ series really does seem to make a lot of sense for 'unexplored areas'.  Highly doubtful it would star the Solos or Skywalkers, but one never knows.

This is still in devlopment though, and nothing is official yet.  And given the lead time on animation we might not hear anything about it for months or even a year from now.  If it doesn't wind up being cancelled for one reason or another.

18 hours ago, Porthos said:

The speculation is more the time period, but a post RotJ series really does seem to make a lot of sense for 'unexplored areas'.  Highly doubtful it would star the Solos or Skywalkers, but one never knows.

There's absolutely no way that they won't mine Luke, Ben and padawans aka Luke's Jedi School. That's the most likely thing set post ROTJ and before TFA that they will explore in some form after IX (cartoon, book, CB). Think about characters that they can bring in for that storyline: Luke duh, young Ben, Snoke, Han, Leia, Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin aka Force Ghosts, Knights of Ren. They can create variety of padawans. They can visit planets where Jedi had temples and strongholds such as Jedha. Bloodline hinted that Luke and his acolytes (Ben and padawans) were exploring planets in search of Jedi lore. So count on that one.