FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - R1 17.6m

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Being serious, I think it will be BIG.

Sing? Yeah, I think it'll be big, have strong WOM. It's a feel good crowd pleaser, and better than everything else out this week. It makes a good counter balance to a darker film like RO, and better Christmas watching.

Just now, bladels said:

Sing was meh.

I've never connected well with Illumination's movies. The only thing I really liked about their movies was minions until they released that crappy movie which killed all of my interest in them.

I gave up on Minions half way through, but I did enjoy both Despicable Me movies. Trailer for the third one was pretty funny, I thought.

Other than that, every Illumination movie looks really mediocre and child-pandering to me. Good for them that it's working though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Sing? Yeah, I think it'll be big, have strong WOM. It's a feel good crowd pleaser, and better than everything else out this week. It makes a good counter balance to a darker film like RO, and better Christmas watching.

Quick question: Did they change the release date of this? I think I saw something like that on youtube.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

That doesn't matter at all.

There's no proof of causation but there could be some correlation.

Would Zootopia have much better legs than Secret Life of Pets with a rotten rating on RT?

Parents tend to avoid boring or annoying movies unless their kids do non-stop begging.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

I gave up on Minions half way through, but I did enjoy both Despicable Me movies. Trailer for the third one was pretty funny, I thought.

Other than that, every Illumination movie looks really mediocre and child-pandering to me. Good for them that it's working though.

Nice avvy.

Looking forward to Legion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Illumination is single-handedly taking the place of 4 live action family-comedy movies that would have been made in the 90s.

Good on them, indeed.

• Like 1

Glad to see my issues with Tuesday previews came into play. Now to see how it affected other films. I expect Wednesday drops to be about normal mainly because 2011 didn't deal with 3 major new films on the 21st thereby negating the benefits of schools getting out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SWXII said:

:mellow:

What I was pointing out is that reviews have very little impact on kids films. Minions,Secret Life of Pets....There are a bunch of kids' movies with lukewarm reviews that did exceptionally well. What reviewers are thinking as a disadvantage of Sing; the unoriginal story that you will see in about a hundred other animations is actually an advantage. It is a very well tested formula that always succeds.

Edited by FantasticBeasts