John Marston

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard pg 17) R1 about 15, Sing 11, Ass 4.5, Pass 4.1, Moana 2.2

4 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Those very early potential numbers for R1 hint at a softer-than-expected drop. Maybe the market is adjusting from the flat Tuesday.

I think Passengers being poorly received/doing low numbers relative to tracking bodes very well for Rogue One.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MattW said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-sing-beats-assassins-creed-passengers-tuesday-previews-958235

Short version:

Sing 10-12

Passengers and Assassin's Creed 4-5m

Rogue One 15-17

Long version:

Sing — think talking animals meet American Idol — is projected to gross $10 million to $12 million on Wednesday from 4,022 theaters for a possible (and pleasing) six-day launch of $80 million

Disney and Lucasfilm's Rogue One is expected to stay No. 1 with a $15 million-$17 million Wednesday, if not more. Very early projections suggest it should it should cross $90 million for the six days, if not $100 million.

Passengers, the sci-fi space romance starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt, is projected to gross $4 million-$5 million on Wednesday from 3,478 cinemas, including $1.2 million in Tuesday previews. Sony insiders are predicting a six-day launch of $30 million-$40 million, but it could come in closer to $25 million. 

Video game adaptation Assassin's Creed, starring Michael Fassbender, is likewise predicted to gross $4 million-$5 million on Wednesday from 2,902 locations, putting it in a close race withPassengers. The male-fueled New Regency and Fox title is expected to be front-loaded, however, for a six-day debut of $20 million for the six days. 

The projections for Passengers and AC are disastrous. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Those very early potential numbers for R1 hint at a softer-than-expected drop. Maybe the market is adjusting from the flat Tuesday.

Maybe my hunch was right about more kids out of school helping today. Chipmunk movie in 2011 actually increased 0.1%, which is pretty crazy since it jumped 29% on Tuesday to begin with.

• Like 1

My question about AC: why the need to make it so complicated? If the movie is set in the 15th century, why not just set it in the 15th century? What's with the Source Cord/time travel nonsense. No wonder critics are calling it a mess. Just set it in the 1400's and let Fassbender kick ass. Cotillard can still be in it. Don't worry.

The studios have a bad habit of over complicating these blockbusters now a days.

• Like 1

Disney and Lucasfilm's Rogue One is expected to stay No. 1 with a $15 million-$17 million Wednesday, if not more. Very early projections suggest it should it should cross $90 million for the six days, if not $100 million.

Deadline was predicting on Monday a $77m just on FSS which I thought was too high but $90-100m over 6 days  (Wed-Mon) seems too low.

Even with a $15m Wed seems low unless they think it's going to do less than $50m FSS? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jandrew said:

My question about AC: why the need to make it so complicated? If the movie is set in the 15th century, why not just set it in the 15th century? What's with the Source Cord/time travel nonsense. No wonder critics are calling it a mess. Just set it in the 1400's and let Fassbender kick ass. Cotillard can still be in it. Don't worry.

The studios have a bad habit of over complicating these blockbusters now a days.

Well it's a part of the game, so...

7 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Agreed. The present-day storyline in Assassin's Creed is just terrible. A ninja-assassin period piece only sounds awesome to me.

Edited by elcaballero
  • Like 1