Alli

Thursday numbers (Asgard) R1 16.9,Sing 9.8,Pass 3.1, Ass 2.8 (pg6)

There’s no stopping “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” at the domestic box office with the Disney-Lucasfilm tentpole jumping 10% to an estimated $16.5 million on Thursday, its seventh day of release.

In a show of the staying power of “Rogue One,” the newcomers all took a hit on Thursday with “Sing” sliding 18% to an estimated $9 million, “Passengers” falling 28% to $3 million, and “Assassin’s Creed” tumbling 46% to $2.5 million.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-rogue-one-sing-passengers-assassins-creed-2-1201947585/

RO  16.5

Sing 9

Passengers 3

AC  2.5

• Like 18

It's a little early for numbers as it is 730 on the east coast.  

Having said that, Sing really didn't fall at all as it had almost 2 million in previews and if I'm not mistaken isn't that an increase for Passengers, minus previews?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

It's a little early for numbers as it is 730 on the east coast.  

Having said that, Sing really didn't fall at all as it had almost 2 million in previews and if I'm not mistaken isn't that an increase for Passengers, minus previews?

Sing had $1.7m in previews, so a slight decrease, but still a good result.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MonstersandRoy said:

Is that increase expected for Rogue One?

More and more people on their Christmas break. Next week should do very well due to wom. Maybe even a couple days with percentage increases superior to TFA.

Passengers and Sing both stayed relatively flat for matinees at my theatre today. Could see maybe 4M and 17M respectively. Assassin's matinee was cut in half from yesterday. Still, I could see 4-5M for it including evenings.

• Like 1