Alli

Thursday numbers (Asgard) R1 16.9,Sing 9.8,Pass 3.1, Ass 2.8 (pg6)

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I've never seen a movie on Christmas Day.

yeah me neither, but maybe this year.  Just not sure if I have the time or any movie other than RO (again) that I would even bother to see right now

• Like 1

My family goes to the movies every Christmas. It's one of my favorite holiday traditions. Last year we went with the perfect movie for the lapsed Catholic, Spotlight. Really gets you in the Christmas spirit. It was a sold out show, so we weren't the only ones apparently.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

Just now, jb007 said:

Watched JFK on Christmas in 1991. Movie watching on Christmas has become a tradition now for the past 25 years.

I love the theater atmosphere after lunch. They are packed with families.

I remember watching catch me if you can on christmas morning and it was snowing after the show. Definitely the atmosphere was awesome. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Watching La La Land and not really feeling it. It's too eager to please and be the modern day Singin' In The Rain. I love the wall in Emma Stone's room, though. 

Hater.

How dare you dislike that frankly overrated, derivative turd refreshing, supremely original masterpiece?

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I remember watching catch me if you can on christmas morning and it was snowing after the show. Definitely the atmosphere was awesome. 

I feel the atmosphere enhances the movie going experience. 

The spillover effect is at its peak during this time. People come to the theater to see a specific movie. If it is sold out they check out something else.

Current plan is to see Fences either on or the day after Christmas with my wife and my mom. Don't often see movies on Christmas Day itself, although the most memorable was Dreamgirls with a sold out crowd (that literally gave a standing ovation at the end of Jennifer Hudson's big number).

• Like 2

I'm at 3:15 Friday afternoon session of R1 in digital IMAX 3D. The crowd is building towards about 20 people. 

A group a few rows back was comparing this to the proper Sydney IMAX.  I helpfully told them this type of IMAX is nicknamed LieMAX. 

I'm not sure what is going on. The session start time was 10 minutes ago and nothing has happened so far. 

• Like 1

My favorite Christmas movie memory involves my family taking my grandmother (in her 60s at the time) to see Mrs. Doubtfire. She loved it and laughed hysterically throughout the film. Definitely an entertaining film for all ages. Broad comedies like that are great to see in a crowded theater on Christmas.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 4