kayumanggi

A BAD MOMS CHRISTMAS | November 1 2017 | STX | Susan Sarandon, Cheryl Hines and Christine Baranski join | Trailers on page 2

Yeah this should do pretty well.  Didn't watch the trailer yet, but I know the first one worked for most people.  I didn't think it was all that good, but I know it resonated with a good portion of the GA so this should too.

This is going to do well....like really well, imo.  That's a pretty good trailer, especially the end.  I haven't seen the red band yet.  

Just now, baumer said:

I think they are opening this in the wrong month though.  This should have been a December release.

Christmas movies usually fall off the Earth after December 25 passes. That's why they open in November 99.9% of the time.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Christmas movies usually fall off the Earth after December 25 passes. That's why they open in November 99.9% of the time.

I think this is more of a Bad Mom's movie than a Christmas movie.  I'm thinking this would be counter programming to TLJ.  Look at Sisters and Daddy's Home.  The multipliers on those films were terrific nd they opened on or around Christmas.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think this is more of a Bad Mom's movie than a Christmas movie.  I'm thinking this would be counter programming to TLJ.  Look at Sisters and Daddy's Home.  The multipliers on those films were terrific nd they opened on or around Christmas.

December 15 through Christmas Day is already packed with 6 other movies slated to open over that span with limited release Oscar contenders sure to expand. If anything, they should move it to Thanksgiving weekend (Coco and Villa Capri are the only wide releases set for the weekend, and only the former is guaranteed to make money) where it won't face Thor and is certain to hang around by Christmas, but I doubt they will after Horrible Bosses 2 flopped on that frame a few years back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

December 15 through Christmas Day is already packed with 6 other movies slated to open over that span with limited release Oscar contenders sure to expand. If anything, they should move it to Thanksgiving weekend (Coco and Villa Capri are the only wide releases set for the weekend, and only the former is guaranteed to make money) where it won't face Thor and is certain to hang around by Christmas, but I doubt they will after Horrible Bosses 2 flopped on that frame a few years back.

I don't think the films coming out in December would really hit Bad Mom's 2.  There's two comedies that might or might not do well.  But I guess November is less crowded.  

• Like 1