CJohn

CJOHN's BEST OF 2016 TOP 10 REVEAL | OS Edition

HELLO GUYS  :D 

So you guys are asking, why is there a "The OS Edition" thing in the title, right? :WHATanabe:

It is only the second time I do this here. Because of the fucked up release schedule I usually never send a top 10 or vote in our awards. It makes little sense when there are still 5 or 6 movies I really wanna try to see in theaters. This year is no different with movies like Moonlight, 20th Century Woman, Patriot's Day and Hidden Figures all opening in February, and Silence, Manchester By The Sea, La La Land and Live By Night only arriving in January. :sarah:

Just like last year, I decided to make a top 10 based on the Portuguese release schedule. A top 10 made from movies released here from January 1 to December 31 of 2016 (hence the OS edition thing in the title). So don't be surprised if you see 2015 movies in my list. In reality, those were released here in January or February.

I hope you guys enjoy this :redcapes: 

Maybe I will even surprise you all with some revelations. :bourne:

Oh, and.... HAIL THE PORTUGUESE TEAM

&NCS_modified=20160711075023&MaxW=640&im

And hail Sara Sampaio for being in the Victoria Secret Angels show for the 2nd year in a row

tumblr_ngdtmfO4gt1qh07y4o1_500.gif

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Deepwater Horizon

Nocturnal Animals

Zootopia

Love & Friendship

TOP 10:

Star Trek Beyond

Lion

The Conjuring 2

Sing Street

Carol

Hacksaw Ridge

Arrival

Hell or High Water

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

A Monster Calls

• Like 10

I would like to make two honorable mentions: Deepwater Horizon and Nocturnal Animals.

These are two fantastic movies, which while not being in my list, are movies everyone should see asap. 

Deepwater Horizon is an intense and fantastic movie based on the real life disaster. Mark Wahlberg is a great lead, Gina Rodriguez is the heart of the movie and the disaster sequence is probably the most impressive set piece of 2016.

cpbdmd7wgaafqfs-1-jpg-large.jpg

Nocturnal Animals is an experience. Tom Ford uses his stunning visual style to give us a disturbing tale of love and revenge full of twists. Amy Adams, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Shannon and ATJ do some fantastic work in it, which already awarded ATJ with a Golden Globe nomination.

na_final_onesheet.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

CJohn's Top 10 of 2016:

The Brothers Grimsby

The Darkness

The Forest

The Fifth Wave

Meet the Blacks

Mother's Day

Nine Lives

Pride + Prejudice + Zombies

Ratchet & Clank

When the Bough Breaks

BOOM!

What if you got one or two right? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I know that isn't happening :lol: 

The ratings on my movies seen in theaters thing don't mean anything. There is a movie with a low rating that will get in because of how much has grown on me. It might be Pets :redcapes:

• Like 1