CJohn

CJOHN's BEST OF 2016 TOP 10 REVEAL | OS Edition

1ST PLACE:

A MONSTER CALLS

A-Monster-Calls-UK-1-Sheet-2.jpg

A Monster Calls is a phenomenal emotional ride that made me cry more than once. It is such a perfect and wonderful movie. JA Bayona created a masterpiece. Felicity Jones gives us a moving Oscar worthy performance, and the final "twist" with Liam Neeson made it all even more emotional.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-13-at-11.13.42-AM.pn

The use of the "paintings" to illustrate the stories the monster tells the kid was perfect. This is the best movie of the year and a truly phenomenal achievement both technically and emotionally.

636038648292010187-8L89-D032-02150-R.jpg

What We Said: Nothing, because nobody here bothered to see it. In fact, like Lion, we don't even have a thread for this movie either.

But here is a quote from That One Guy: "Well...I haven't seen it but it looks good I guess".

Btw, all this text was hidden within the BvS post. You guys just failed to see it :redcapes: 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I do wanna see it man, it just doesn't come out here until Sunday :lol:

I think the only countries where it was released so far were Spain and Portugal.

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I know Spain got it really at least. We got it on New Years Day too, think it cracked £10m here as well. 

That is because JA Bayona is spanish. They got both The Impossible and A Monster Calls in October.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

So I guess TJB went down a lot for you on a rewatch?

Quite a bit yeah. I still like it a lot but... the magic of the first viewing disappeared.

Well... I'll say you actually have a solid list this year (I have no idea what movies are 2016 releases in your country, so no complaining on "Why isn't this here?", plus it's your list and only douches demand people put movies on their personal list).  Good list CJohn!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The magic was never there for me :lol: 

That was my biggest problem with it.  Despite how technically brilliant it was, it felt as if it lacked life, unlike the animated counter-part, which I love.

• Like 2

Credit for the A Monster Calls win. I saw that movie at the London Film Festival in October and absolutely adored it. It's easily in my Top 5 for the year.

• Like 1