baumer

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard2) R1 18.5, Sing 16

Let's assume by some nightmare miracle Sing is at 180M with a 14M Monday like grim said. The rest of the week will drop 65-70% (let's assume its 50M) for 25M. The grand total is at 205M.

.........Fuck, this is going to beat Moana.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

By the way, anyone having an opinion on Mulholland Drive?I'm still in search for a thriller to watch and I have seen it very high on some critics' lists.

It is good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The main reason I expect Sing to have a string of 40% drops after January 6: theater counts. A 12 screen theater won't have Sing by the end of January, and there's a decent chance many get rid of it on January 20. Because it's going to have low weekdays once school is back in session, theaters won't see the need to keep it around.

You're kidding, right? January looks bleak (Underworld is gonna completely die after opening weekend), which is why I expect it to hold on strong. I know you're against this movie for whatever reason, but come on now.

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

.......Fuck, this is going to beat Moana.

That's been written on the wall for a while :P I was quite obsessed with the scenario Moana snatching that #10 spot but now I totally gave up. But hey, Ratatouille was #11 that year too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Let's assume by some nightmare miracle Sing is at 180M with a 14M Monday like grim said. The rest of the week will drop 65-70% (let's assume its 50M) for 25M. The grand total is at 205M.

.........Fuck, this is going to beat Moana.

Damn Skippy!

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It pisses me off that good movies like Moana, Doctor Strange, and Fantastic Beasts gross less than Rogue One: A Member Berries Story and Illuminati's latest marketing ploy Sing.

What if you liked all of those movies?

• Like 4