baumer

Wednesday Box Office - (Asgard2) R1 18.5, Sing 16

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The main reason I expect Sing to have a string of 40% drops after January 6: theater counts. A 12 screen theater won't have Sing by the end of January, and there's a decent chance many get rid of it on January 20. Because it's going to have low weekdays once school is back in session, theaters won't see the need to keep it around.

As long as Sing is pulling in good money, it will be playing in plenty of theaters. They aren't going to start pulling it just because. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It pisses me off that good movies like Moana, Doctor Strange, and Fantastic Beasts gross less than Rogue One: A Member Berries Story and Illuminati's latest marketing ploy Sing.

Doctor Strange and Horrible Beasts are horrible films. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

As long as Sing is pulling in good money, it will be playing in plenty of theaters. They aren't going to start pulling it just because. 

I already explained why they're going to pull it. It's the circle of life.

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The main reason I expect Sing to have a string of 40% drops after January 6: theater counts. A 12 screen theater won't have Sing by the end of January, and there's a decent chance many get rid of it on January 20. Because it's going to have low weekdays once school is back in session, theaters won't see the need to keep it around.

I disagree with this and most theaters will hold Sing as it will be the only animated kids movie out.  

It will also have a nice Martin Luther King Jr. weekend that will give it another bump.  It will hold on strong until Lego Batman comes out.  

• Like 6

Great holds by SW and Sing. 

And thinking Sing will be out of most theaters by Jan 20 is poor logic since school weekdays have never stopped kiddie flicks before. Besides there will be plenty of other fodder to drop including the releases from Jan 6.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It pisses me off that good movies like Moana, Doctor Strange, and Fantastic Beasts gross less than Rogue One: A Member Berries Story and Illuminati's latest marketing ploy Sing.

Fantastic Beasts is not really a good movie, tho. I haven't seen Moana but a friend told me it was boring and generic, and that the only good thing was the Mad Max scene. Doctor Strange did more than enough. It performed very, very well.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

All it took was two or three more blockbusters for Doctor Strange to disappear from internet discussion. Clearly a very memorable film.

I liked the movie but truer words have never been spoken. Though that's the case with most Marvel movies. They do well but people don't talk about them much. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well, I didn't like Rogue One and I know for certain I'll hate Sing just by the clips alone.

I was surprised by Sing tbh, Moana was way better but Sing was decent.

• Like 1

Don't movie chains keep films in theaters as long as they're still making money? They get a larger percentage of the gross in the later weeks. 

Sing has no legit competition until Batman Lego movie. Monster Trucks is going to be a non-factor. So I think it'll still be in theaters until February. 

Edited by babz06

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Great holds by SW and Sing. 

And thinking Sing will be out of most theaters by Jan 20 is poor logic since school weekdays have never stopped kiddie flicks before. Besides there will be plenty of other fodder to drop including the releases from Jan 6.

Correct.  If anything, Sing will be playing as strong or stronger than Rogue One by late January.  

• Like 4