It's Monster Trucks weekend!

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Doctor Strange | 11.4.2016 | Teaser trailer released (pg 155) | Features an "intense crash sequence"

6,613 posts in this topic

You should have used smileys to relay the intent of your mesage. :P

I thought the ironi was so strong that it was´ent nessesary..But i´ll remember it next time

What's the point of irony if you have to help people get it? You either get it or you don't. :P

Good point B)

If Marvel is going to do a Doctor Strange film, they better embrace the character's magical, esoteric, bizarre roots. None of this "let's anchor the supernatural elements into a real-life analogue and call it science" BS. I want to see Dormammu, Clea, Morgan Le Fey, Nightmare, Umar, and all the psychedelically weird stuff that the character was borne out of.

I don't think the correct word is irony for what he protrayed unless I am missing something related to Depp. Which I probably am?

1 person likes this

If Marvel is going to do a Doctor Strange film, they better embrace the character's magical, esoteric, bizarre roots. None of this "let's anchor the supernatural elements into a real-life analogue and call it science" BS. I want to see Dormammu, Clea, Morgan Le Fey, Nightmare, Umar, and all the psychedelically weird stuff that the character was borne out of.

You know your Dr Strange stuff.. Wow....But from the little memorie i have on this caracter i agree..
1 person likes this

Marvel has a reputation for being cheap with the stars of its superhero films, I mentioned that I wanted Depp out of this film, and fmpro made an ironic comment about how it would be good for Depp (one of our best-paid movie stars) to star in DS since he could actually make a whole half a million dollars. Depp makes over 10 million per film, Marvel is cheap, the film will be a good thing for Depp because he could make...(In Dr. Evil's voice) FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS for it... get it?

You know your Dr Strange stuff.. Wow....But from the little memorie i have on this caracter i agree..

I love magic-based superheroes, like Zatanna and the good ole' Doc. Edited by Cochofles

I don't think the correct word is irony for what he protrayed unless I am missing something related to Depp. Which I probably am?

I just responded on a post cochofles made about not casting JD for this

Marvel has a reputation for being cheap with the stars of its superhero films, I mentioned that I wanted Depp out of this film, and fmpro made an ironic comment about how it would be good for Depp (one of our best-paid movie stars) to star in DS since he could actually make a whole half a million dollars.

Or what he said :)

We all know that Marvel is very tight with money after the Norton fiasco. I guess I read your statement incorrectly initially which led to my hasty remark.

1 person likes this

Lets put it to bed..No harm is done.. Were all still buds right??

1 person likes this

No doubt. :)

1 person likes this

Disney needs to move P&F out of the July 26th spot and put Dr. Strange there.

If Strange can be shot for $75-90m it has a good chance and being a modest hit. Provided of course the talent falls into place and the script is any good. Not to overlook those tiny details of course. ;)What is P&F? That's too far out for me to start knowing shortened titles.

If Strange can be shot for $75-90m it has a good chance and being a modest hit. Provided of course the talent falls into place and the script is any good. Not to overlook those tiny details of course. ;)What is P&F? That's too far out for me to start knowing shortened titles.

Phineas and Ferb.

My top directors (in no order):Andrew Adamson

Ron Clements & John Musker

Chris Buck

Brian Kirk

Alfonso Cuarón

Edited by Neo

I hope this is made for less than 100 million. I also hope that Depp stars in it for free. :P

This could be one awesome movie..Could also mean that Dr Strange could join the team in Avengers 2

Yup, hopefully he will. Not could, but will. Feige said that Dr. Strange will be part of phase 2 and phase 2 ends with the TA2.