The Eternal Camping Indiegogo campaign by Water Bottle is now live! Check it out, donate, spread the word!

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Doctor Strange | 11.4.2016 | Teaser trailer released (pg 155) | Features an "intense crash sequence"

6,621 posts in this topic

When he joins we know what could be in store for the Avengers..baddie wise

When he joins we know what could be in store for the Avengers..baddie wise

Do you mean Dormammu?

Just that they will movie into other area/worlds in the Marvel Universe

Neo, Marvel won't open a film like this on post-Thanksgiving weekend.

How about 12/6/13 as a release date?

If thats dec 6th i think its a bad idea..Its one of the worst dates of the year...I see aug or sep if its low to mid budget

If thats dec 6th i think its a bad idea..Its one of the worst dates of the year...I see aug or sep if its low to mid budget

Why does that date get a bad rep, Ocean's 11, TLS did good there.

August or September is bad too.

August is a great month..Many movies opens in 30 mill +

Why does that date get a bad rep, Ocean's 11, TLS did good there.

IDK... I just feel that its a bad date... But lets see what Le Mis does with that date this year

The first is best but in 2013 the 2nd weekend is on the 9-11th, so that could be a fantastic weekend too...For a movie were 30 mill plus OW will do fine

I'm sure Marvel wants this to be another franchise. A 100 M finish isn't enough. Needs a prime date.

I'm sure Marvel wants this to be another franchise. A 100 M finish isn't enough.

Of course it is.

Dont think it will get it.. And 100 mill DOM is fine for a mid budget movie like this

I think this movie would be lucky to hit 100m. I think 75m would be more likely.

Why is Marvel pushing so hard for this film? This character just isn't that interesting. They need to axe this film.

...and then what?

What other movies since those 2 opened had a chance to do big numbers on that date?

Why is Marvel pushing so hard for this film? This character just isn't that interesting. They need to axe this film.

The character is rooted in many paths Magic, Mystical, Horror and Cosmic. He's been an Avenger as well. There are many crossover potentials with the character plus it's another one Stan Lee had a hand in and his characters have a fairly good track record being translated.You need to read up on Strange.