c7X0po.gif

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Neo

Doctor Strange | 11.4.2016 | Teaser trailer released (pg 155) | Features an "intense crash sequence"

6,619 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Wow, who is that?

It's concept art of Ryan Gosling that was created when Marvel was pursuing him for the role. He wouldn't have been a good fit, IMO. Feige was right all along: Cumberbatch was the perfect Doctor Strange. 

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Talkie said:

It's concept art of Ryan Gosling that was created when Marvel was pursuing him for the role. He wouldn't have been a good fit, IMO. Feige was right all along: Cumberbatch was the perfect Doctor Strange. 

A case when fan casting was right. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

A case when fan casting was right. 

I wasn't aware about Cumberbatch being a fan-cast - I did have read quite some... 'I do not like his face...' posts, but I think he was a great choice for Doctor Strange

2 people like this

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I wasn't aware about Cumberbatch being a fan-cast - I did have read quite some... 'I do not like his face...' posts, but I think he was a great choice for Doctor Strange

Cumberbatch was one of the big names tossed around by fans for Strange from day one, at least in the circles I was in. It wasn't some of the more outrageous fan choices for Marvel Heroes, but it turned out good for them.

1 person likes this

Did anyone like Joaquin Phoenix?

31 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

As Doctor Strange or as character... in film ...?

My POV: I like him in most films I have seen him in, but wouldn't have liked the idea of him playing Doctor Strange. Something doesn't match with my feeling about comics Doctor Strange, but also not with how the character was shown in the film.

But with another kind of script, another kind of Doctor Strange, a yes is possible.

Hmmm, instead of Mads (I liked both, only thinking which role instead of Doctor Strange) or as Mordo...

The darkness/~ madness/somethingness Ejiofor showed in the after credits,... I think that would have been / was interesting to see from all three, the things to come (possibly)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I was one of those who resisted the idea of Cumberbatch in the role. Part of that stemmed from the fact that I don't like his version of Sherlock. As a fan of Conan Doyle's works, I've seen virtually all filmed versions of the character and read all of the stories. The BBC/Cumberbatch Sherlock is an in-name-only take that superficially resembles the character while misinterpreting who he is at core. Between that and Cumberbatch's bat-shit crazy fans (the ones who believe that his family is a sham and attack anyone who fails to worship him), I was not looking forward to BC's addition to the MCU. I'm glad to say that I was wrong. He was the perfect Doctor Strange. 

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, Talkie said:

I was one of those who resisted the idea of Cumberbatch in the role. Part of that stemmed from the fact that I don't like his version of Sherlock. As a fan of Conan Doyle's works, I've seen virtually all filmed versions of the character and read all of the stories. The BBC/Cumberbatch Sherlock is an in-name-only take that superficially resembles the character while misinterpreting who he is at core. Between that and Cumberbatch's bat-shit crazy fans (the ones who believe that his family is a sham and attack anyone who fails to worship him), I was not looking forward to BC's addition to the MCU. I'm glad to say that I was wrong. He was the perfect Doctor Strange. 

Let's say it this way: never be afraid me being a fan... in that way. I think I never even met in RL someone like that (no matter the fandom)

I am a fan of numbers, I can get... energetic, if someone tries to twist those to demean something or someone or try to change history (usually with an agenda).

I am a fan of discussing as polite as possible (I do understand being heated for the moment, who isn't that from time to time), bit can get... energetic if I feel someone tries to sh... on something or someone, so his/her fandom / the person can feel bigger / 'better'

And I am a fan of being true to the essence of the books, if the books are not ridden with e.g. anti-female cliches... are out of date. So if the strengthens the character... of a female, a minority... in a story based on a book lets say out of the '50, I can live with that.

But if the books are showing females way less clichéd as usual or even as strong, independent.... mature, and a film kills that part, to change an interesting character to someone immature, so the lead has a young... female whatever decoration = I can get VERY lively. :D

I have no idea what that means :huh:

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Let's say it this way: never be afraid me being a fan... in that way. I think I never even met in RL someone like that (no matter the fandom)

I am a fan of numbers, I can get... energetic, if someone tries to twist those to demean something or someone or try to change history (usually with an agenda).

I am a fan of discussing as polite as possible (I do understand being heated for the moment, who isn't that from time to time), bit can get... energetic if I feel someone tries to sh... on something or someone, so his/her fandom / the person can feel bigger / 'better'

And I am a fan of being true to the essence of the books, if the books are not ridden with e.g. anti-female cliches... are out of date. So if the strengthens the character... of a female, a minority... in a story based on a book lets say out of the '50, I can live with that.

But if the books are showing females way less clichéd as usual or even as strong, independent.... mature, and a film kills that part, to change an interesting character to someone immature, so the lead has a young... female whatever decoration = I can get VERY lively. :D

I have no idea what that means :huh:

Some of Cumberbatch's more fanatical/unhinged fans have made bizarre claims about his marriage. One insane story is that his marriage is a fiction created by publicists. There is other crap out there but I'm not interested in going that deep into crazy.

Before I got bored of Tumblr, my dashboard was overrun by posts from Cumber-fanatics who seemed to live in an alternate reality. For example, when the big dust-up over Cumberbatch playing Khan in Star Trek Beyond happened, fans on both sides were fighting tooth and nail on Tumblr. One fan said that BC is such a talented actor that he could credibly play Martin Luther King to universal acclaim. Plenty of others seconded her sentiments. :angry: I know that these are young people, for the most part, but nothing excuses such utter stupidity. 

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Some of Cumberbatch's more fanatical/unhinged fans have made bizarre claims about his marriage. One insane story is that his marriage is a fiction created by publicists. There is other crap out there but I'm not interested in going that deep into crazy.

Before I got bored of Tumblr, my dashboard was overrun by posts from Cumber-fanatics who seemed to live in an alternate reality. For example, when the big dust-up over Cumberbatch playing Khan in Star Trek Beyond happened, fans on both sides were fighting tooth and nail on Tumblr. One fan said that BC is such a talented actor that he could credibly play Martin Luther King to universal acclaim. Plenty of others seconded her sentiments. :angry: I know that these are young people, for the most part, but nothing excuses such utter stupidity. 

(I am not sure I know that he is married... because that is nothing I usually know. I know about a few, usually if someone married whilst I am looking for BO and is somehow connected. Or one marriage, where the age gap ist flipped and... and that causes nastiness. Why would people care?). More a rhetorical babbling... 

learened a good actor can play all, no matter the skin colour, but: on stage... in a small town, where might be no matching actor... that is one thing. In the focus of a camera... Maybe if it is about an special dream indie project or whatever. Who knows, maybe it is the dream of actor XY to play... being a salad (joke)

Not liking to force a white actor into a bio-pic about a non-white actor. You'll get the gist.

I am face blind, never developed any interest into 'beauty, appearance, 'face-type,...' I do not see that. But I love getting represented with respect.

7 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

There were a handful around here at the time who really did. Then when it was announced he was out they were all, "This project will fail", "It's doomed" type hyperbole. 

Disney loves $658m WW/$231m dom type failures!!

Can't wait for him in Thor: Ragnarok and DS2!!

2 people like this

They should have got Joaquin Phoenix for the Michael Stuhlbarg role, would have been amazing

1 person likes this

That pug has perfect timing. 

1 person likes this

ILM still got it, even tho other houses worked on the movie.

3 people like this

I finally understand what It means "dormammu i've come to bargain". It passed so many months, but I finally understand it. 

4 hours ago, Neno said:

I finally understand what It means "dormammu i've come to bargain". It passed so many months, but I finally understand it. 

XS5LK.gif

1 person likes this

I went back a few pages and didn't see this so here you go :)