FlashMaster659

Thursday #s - (Asgard2) R1 16.8m, Sing 15.3m

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Rogue One's Monday number was awesome. Seems the rest of this week was a big correction for the Monday performance. 

Monday was a holiday. Not only was it Boxing Day in Canada, Christmas itself was on Sunday, so some people had Monday off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Everyone has Sing doing worse than Rogue One this weekend, but actually thinking it could jump it.  Not likely, but Sing continues to gain momentum.  

Certainly looks more possible as each day goes by. Rogue One needs a really good jump today or it's going well under $70m for the 4-day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Monday was a holiday. Not only was it Boxing Day in Canada, Christmas itself was on Sunday, so some people had Monday off.

I know it was a holiday.

There are still a ton of people off work. I got back to the airport late Tuesday night and the parking lot was very full. There are still a lot of people on vacation out of town. Was empty last Thursday when I first arrived. My company's parking garage is very empty as well this week. Normally I park on the 5th or 6th floor but this week I've been parking on the 3rd floor because of how empty it is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Everyone has Sing doing worse than Rogue One this weekend, but actually thinking it could jump it.  Not likely, but Sing continues to gain momentum.  

I highly doubt it. Kids friendly movies tend to jump less on weekends (at least during holidays). Also, on MT, Sing seems to be just barely ahead of RO (and of course RO tickets are certainly significantly pricier).

The lowest RO could do for the 3-day WE is $53 million IMO. For Sing to catch up with even that low end number, it would need some huge jumps.

• Like 3

So i checked 2011 (again) and based on those numbers, i doubt Sing will top the weekend. Family based movies had a lower drop rate throughout the midweek (just like Sing) but a much more muted fridays increase, a heftier New Year's Eve drop and even a New Year's Day drop whereas other movies increased.

• Like 6

Back in 2011, from Thursday-to-Friday, the more adult-oriented movies had increases of 29% (MI:4 & TGWTDT) and 21% (SH2) while the kid-friendly movies had increases of 7% to 9% (Tintin, Muppets & Chipmunks. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?view=1day&sortdate=2011-12-30&order=DESC&p=.htm

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

When I took my niece's to see it, we were with three other young girls around their age. So between the ages of 3 and 7. They absolutely loved it just like I knew they would. They were singing the songs on the way out and they were giddy when they were talking about the singing Pig and the elephant and the gorilla and so on. It's definitely gaining momentum and although my box office predicting skills seem to suck this year LOL it would not surprise me to see this make a legitimate push for 300.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

When I took my niece's to see it, we were with three other young girls around their age. So between the ages of 3 and 7. They absolutely loved it just like I knew they would. They were singing the songs on the way out and they were giddy when they were talking about the singing Pig and the elephant and the gorilla and so on. It's definitely gaining momentum and although my box office predicting skills seem to suck this year LOL it would not surprise me to see this make a legitimate push for 300.

Kids were excited about Moana as well. Not sure if this means that either movie will reach the stratosphere.

• Like 1